|A+ Certification Preparation
||CNET 60 (VOC)
- Students completing CNET 60 will be able to analyze types of preventative maintenance products and procedures, and when to use/perform them.
- CNET 60 students will be prepared to take the A+ Certification Exam.
- Students completing CNET 56 will be able to identify and distinguish among the different media used in network communications.
- Students completing CNET 56 will be able to determine the most appropriate standards, protocols, and access methods for a given network.
- Students completing CNET56 will be able to correctly determine an IPv4 address, broadcast address, and network address from a binary IPv4 address and binary subnet mask.
|Customer Relations for the Technician
||TECH 60 (VOC)
- Students completing TECH 60 will demonstrate the ability to answer questions in a positive manner in a mock job interview.
- Students completing TECH 60 will be able to identify qualities employers seek in new hires.
- Describe the benefits of using effective customer contact skills.
- Demonstrate proper customer and team interactions.
- Identify and use customer contact tools.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of appropriately used customer contact tools.
- Know and use effective questioning techniques.
- Compare and contrast ethical decisions made.
- Compare and contrast hard skills versus soft skills.
- Know and use effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate proper responses and appropriate attire in an interview.
||ELEC 56 (VOC)
- Using the design algorithm, students will design and build a combinational logic control circuit.
- Using a state machine design, students will construct a synchronus counter that counts a random number sequence and then repeats.
- Recognize logic symbols and logic interpretation.
- Analyze combinational logic circuits and waveforms.
- Analyze combinational logic circuits and waveforms.
- Demonstrate reduction techniques of combinational logic.
- Analyze sequential logic circuits and wave forms.
- Evaluate logic circuit parameters from truth tables.
- Troubleshoot logic circuits and find faults.
- Measure logic circuit input and output signals using a variety of testing techniques.
||ELEC 50B (VOC)
- Students completing ELEC 50B will be able to employ polar and/or rectangular notation to determine the magnitude and phase shift of an unknown circuit parameter (voltage, current, impedance, and/or power).
- Students will be able to accurately measure amplitude and time parameters of a periodic waveform displayed on the oscilloscope screen.
- Define common terms and recognize symbols used in AC electronics. (MO)
- Analyze operation of AC circuits. (MO)
- Calculate unknown electrical quantities in AC circuits. (MO)
- Measure and record AC electrical quantities. (MO)
- Demonstrate the proper use of test equipment (oscilloscope, function generator, frequency counter) when measuring electrical quantities in a lab exercise. (MO)
- Compare and contrast characteristics of series versus parallel AC circuits. (MO)
- Evaluate the characteristics of frequency selective circuits. (MO)
||ELEC 50A (VOC)
- As a consequence of significant program modification in which electronics math concepts will be covered in the ELEC 50A theory course, students in ELEC 50A will be able to numerically analyze a series-parallel circuit.
- Students completing ELEC 50A will be able to make accurate readings of voltage, current, and resistance using analog and digital multimeters.
- Define common terms and recognize symbols used in DC electronic circuits.
- Explain circuit operation of various DC circuitry.
- Analyze from problems various DC unknown quantities.
- Analyze from schematics various DC unknown quantities.
- Predict unknown electronic quantities before solving electronic formulas.
- Measure and record electrical quantities.
- Demonstrate proper use of test equipment
- Troubleshoot various defects in DC circuitry.
- Calculate unknown electrical quantities in DC circuits.
||CISB 15 (VOC)
- Students completing CISB 15 - Microcomputer Applications will understand the importance of continuing their education in computer literacy.
- Students completing CISB 15 - Microcomputer Applications will be able to use Microsoft Word to create professional documents needed to create a computer security report.
- Students completing CISB 15 - Microcomputer Applications will be able to effectively use formulas and functions in worksheets.
|Network+ Certification Preparation
||CNET 62 (VOC)
- Students completing CNET 62 will be prepared to pass the CompTIA Network+ examination.
- CNET 62 students will demonstrate understanding of basic network structures.
|PC Operating Systems
||CNET 52 (VOC)
- CNET 52 students will demonstrate the ability to obtain technical information from each Windows operating system.
- Students completing CNET 52 will be able to install Windows operating systems.
||CNET 50 (VOC)
- Students completing CNET 50 will demonstrate effective troubleshooting strategies for isolating faults in all major personal computer (PC) subsystems and components.
- Students in CNET 50 will be able to define common terms and recognize symbols used in PC systems.
- Students completing CNET50 will be able to add/remove input and output devices properly on computer systems running current operating systems.
||CNET 54 (VOC)
- Students completing CNET 54 will be able to identify component-level malfunctions in a typical personal computer.
- Students completing CNET 54 will be able to demonstrate proper use of specific and general-purpose diagnostic aids available to the PC technician.
|Security + Certification Preparation
- Students completing CNET 66 will be able to "harden" an operating system to protect computers from security threats.
- Students completing CNET 66 will be prepared to pass the CompTIA Security+ examination.
- Students completing CNET66 will be able to recommend risk mitigation and disaster recovery strategies to an organization.
|Server + Certification Preparation
- Students completing CNET 64 will be able to install servers into a network environment.
- Students completing CNET 64 will be prepared to pass the CompTIA Server+ examination.
- CNET64 students will demonstrate understanding of storage system fault tolerance.
- Students completing CNET58 will be able to install and configure local and network storage systems including SAN, NAS, RAID, etc., using current technologies.
- Students completing CNET58 will be able to install current network operating systems on both physical and virtual environments.
|Technical Applications in Microcomputers
||ELEC 11 (VOC)
- Students completing ELEC 11 will demonstrate the ability to produce a correctly formatted and error-free employment cover letter using Microsoft Word.
- Students completing ELEC 11 will be able to produce an expense spreadsheet with a chart in Microsoft Excel.
- Students completing ELEC 11 will demonstrate the ability to produce a correctly formatted and error-free resume in Microsoft Word
- Demonstrate various features of the Windows operating system specifically used in electronic technology.
- Define and discuss common vocabulary words associated with technology and computers.
- Design and implement various word processing assignments including: memos, technical reports, and a resume.
- Design and implement various spreadsheet assignments including data in chart and graph form.
- Implement various database assignments including data manipulation, report generations.
- Identify features of computer presentation methods.
- Demonstrate using the internet to research a given topic.
- 70% of students will produce a spreadsheet with an accompanying chart with no more than two errors in formulas.