|First Aid and CPR
- Students will meet the CPR standards, which includes CPR, rescue breathing and obstructed airway, as required by the American Red Cross for certification of the Adult, Child and Infant population.
- Students will learn and demonstrate skills necessary for controlling bleeding, immobilization techniques and care for sudden illnesses.
- Develop a scenario for the identification, care and treatment of a sudden illness.
- With a classmate demonstrate the proper technique of controlling severe bleeding.
- Complete the study questions at the conclusion of each chapter.
- Using the mannequin, perform the necessary one-person intervention for a rescue-breathing scenario.
|Functional Anatomy for Pilates
- Students will be able to analyze the biomechanics of Pilates exercises.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of basic anatomy as to how it is applied in teaching Pilates.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of cardinal planes of motion and corresponding axes of rotation.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the 3 classes of levers.
|Pilates Teaching-Mat and Reformer
- Students will be able to evaluate Pilates instructors in a variety of settings.
- Students will present professionally as a Pilates teacher.
|Teaching Pilates Mat
- Students will be able to teach the individual Pilates mat exercises
- Students will be able to design Pilates mat sequences for different settings and clientele.
|Teaching Pilates Reformer Repertoire
- Students will be able to teach and demonstrate the individual Pilates Reformer exercises
- Students will be able to design Reformer sequences for different settings and clientele.
|Theory and Principles of Pilates
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of Pilates history, philosophy, principles and concepts.
- Students will be able to develop client-specific Pilates programs.
- Students will be able to present a comprehensive portfolio that includes lesson plans, teaching resume and personal responses that chronicle the process of becoming a successful Pilates instructor.