|Fitness for Living
- Examine the six dimensions of fitness and wellness.
- Identify common treatment procedures for exercise related injuries.
- Students will be able to define the 5 Components of Fitness and identify a benefit of each one.
- Students completing an assignment in Area E courses will demonstrate meaningful self-evaluation related to increasing their lifelong personal well-being.
- Read and evaluate food label
- Students will be able to define and identify the Five Components of Health Related Fitness.
- Students will be able to read and evaluate a nutritional food label.
- Develop personal fitness programs using the F.I.T.T. principles.
- Describe safe and effective exercise programs
- Identify common assessments for components of fitness.
- Analyze current levels of stress and identify appropriate types of stress management and relaxation techniques.
- Identify the relationship of exercise on disease prevention.
- Compare nutritional habits with federal nutritional guidelines.
- Describe the rules to the sports presented.
- Students will be able to identify the four essential objectives of a sports official.
- Students will be able to identify two responsibilities for each of the four sports officials objectives.
- Students will be able to read and evaluate sport rule books and codes of conduct
- Identify the rules, mechanics and techniques of the officiating role.
- Identify the differences between an effective and an ineffective official.
- Describe the financial components of officiating.
- Evaluate the performance of officials.
- Describe the legal responsibilities of a sports official.
|Theory of Coaching
- Students will be able to identify and comprehend the ASEP (American Sports Education Program) coaching philosophy.
- Students will be able to understand the concept of goal setting and how it relateds to coaching.
- Compare and contrast coaching styles and philosophies.
- List and apply coaching principles, rules and skills.
- Discuss coaching theory and principle of training.
- Develop coaching activity units and seasonal plans.
- Demonstrate teaching component of sport skills.
|Work Experience for Coaching
- Students will be able to develop a practice drill program specific for the sport
- Students will be able to develop a complete practice plan specific for their respective sport.