|Bookkeeping - Accounting
||BUSA 72 (VOC)
- I am able to explain the concept of double-entry accounting within the categories of asset, liability, owner's equity, revenue and expense account
- I am able to analyze business transactions, and journalize and post transactions to ledger accounts
- I am able to utilize procedures of cash control in such areas as petty cash funds, change funds, cash short and over and bank reconciliation
||BUSO 25 (VOC)
- I am able to compose an appropriate, effective letter presenting good news, bad news, sales, or persuasive content
- I am able to use informative and sales letters to convey information and influence people favorably
- I am able to develop and deliver a 3-5 minute presentation on a business related topic
|Human Relations in Business
||BUSM 60 (VOC)
- I am able to define organizational culture, socialization and mentoring
- I am able to analyze social perception
- I am able to review motivational theories related to organizational behavior
||CISB 15 (VOC)
- Students completing CISB 15 - Microcomputer Applications will understand the importance of continuing their education in computer literacy.
- Students completing CISB 15 - Microcomputer Applications will be able to use Microsoft Word to create professional documents needed to create a computer security report.
- Students completing CISB 15 - Microcomputer Applications will be able to effectively use formulas and functions in worksheets.
|Oral Communications for Business
||BUSO 26 (VOC)
- I am able to apply communication skills in simulated business situations such as conferences and business groups
- I am able to develop topical outlines, note cards, and visual aids
- I am able to evaluate presentation preparation and delivery
|Principles of Accounting - Financial
||BUSA 7 (VOC)
- I am able to describe the basic accounting system and how it is used to serve business needs
- I am able to analyze and record transactions, using a journal and a ledger, of varying degrees of difficulty including adjusting, and closing entries
- I am able to utilize accounting information including financial statements to perform financial statement analysis
|Principles of Marketing
||BUSS 36 (VOC)
- I have developed a working knowledge of marketing terminology
- I am able to recall and apply promotional strategies used in the marketing of products and services.
- I am able to recall and apply distribution strategies used in the marketing of products and services
|Retail Buying and Merchandising
||FASH 62 (VOC)
- After completing this course students will be able to evaluate retail pricing using retail, cost, and mark up components.
- After completing this course students will be able to create a six month merchandise plan for major retailers using Excel.
|Retail Store Management and Merchandising
||BUSS 50 (VOC)
- I am able to explain the role of retail as a marketing function
- I am able to compare and contrast requirements for success in retailing at entry level, mid-management and management positions
- I am able to explain the elements of profits and the effect merchandising decisions have on profit