||AGAN 94 (VOC)
- Course completers should be able to recognize & discuss current topics dealing with artificial insemination, embryo manipulation and reproductive biotechnology
- Course completers should be able to recognize major breeding systems for domestic animals
||AGAN 2 (VOC)
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of positive and negative aspects of nutritional supplements and additives.
- 80% of the students will be able to formulate a ration for a livestock animal, utilizing the Parson Square Method.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of nutritional requirements of various life stages of the canine.
|Animal Sanitation and Disease Control
||AGLI 96 (VOC)
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of key nutritional factors that would influence disease conditions.
- Students will be able to identify poisonous plants that are commonly poisonous to animals.
- Students will be able to describe appropriate sanitation procedures for animal confinement areas.
|Artificial Insemination of Livestock
||AGLI 97 (VOC)
- Course completers should be able to recognize major breeding systems for various livestock species.
- Course completers will be able to demonstrate the proper procedural steps of artificial insemination on various livestock species.
|Horse Behavior and Training
||AGLI 20 (VOC)
- Students completing AGLI 20 will understand how horses learn.
- Students completing AGLI 20 will understand the foundations of training common to multiple disciplines.
- Course completers will describe correct methods for handling young horses.
|Horse Hoof Care
||AGLI 19 (VOC)
- Students completing AGLI 19 will be able to describe common methods of corrective shoeing and their uses.
- Students completing AGLI 19 will be able to identify various diseases of the foot.
- Students completing this course will be able to identify the major functional structures of the equine lower limb.
||AGLI 16 (VOC)
- Students completing AGLI 16 will be able to explain the structural changes that occurred during the evolution of the horse.
- Students completing AGLI 16 will be able to follow the vaccination schedule recommended by the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
- Students completing AGLI 16 will be able to distinguish between different breeds of the modern horse.
|Horse Ranch Management
||AGLI 18 (VOC)
- Students completing AGLI 18 will be able to develop a business plan for a proposed equine facility.
- Course completers will explain laws and legislations regulating horse farms and businesses.
- Course completers will develop and implement a health plan for a breeding program with the resources available.
|Landscape Construction Fundamentals
||AGOR 71 (VOC)
- Identify and correctly use the proper tool needed for landscape projects.
Understand basic electrical concepts for low voltage landscape lighting projects
- Students will prepare site and properly install bricks on sand for a walkway project.
|Principles of Business
||BUSM 20 (VOC)
- I am able to list and explain the foundations upon which business is built and the economic challenges facing the United States
- I am able to explain the global dimensions affecting businesses today and in the future
- I am able to describe and explain social responsibility and business ethics
|Small Business Management
||BUSM 66 (VOC)
- I am able to describe business planning for small business
- I am able to discuss the legal forms of business ownership
- I am able to discuss the marketing research process
|Small Engine Repair I
||AGOR 53 (VOC)
- Students completing the course will learn component and tool identification
- Students completing the course will learn engine disassembly, evaluation of components, and reassembly of small air-cooled gasoline engine
|Work Experience in Agriculture
- Employers of Agricultural Science Work Experience Students will rate the technical skills of their students as above average.
- Employers of Agricultural Sciences Work Experience Students will rate them at 85% or higher for their work habits as above average.