|Cultural and Ethnic Foods
- Students completing NF 28 - Cultural and Ethnic Foods will be able to complete an assignment that demonstrates meaningful self-evaluation related to increasing their personal wellbeing.
- Students completing NF 28 - Cultural and Ethnic Foods will compare the cuisine of a selected culture with the typical American diet and demonstrate how the culture influenced American cuisine.
- Students completing NF 28 - Cultural and Ethnic Foods will be able to identify the core foods, flavor principles, traditional foods, special occasion foods, and therapeutic foods used in each culture studied.
- Students completing NF 28 - Cultural and Ethnic Foods will be able to analyze how food is used culturally and symbolically in holiday and religious ceremonies throughout the world.
- Students completing NF 28 - Cultural and Ethnic Foods will feel motivated to continue discovering about the foods of other cultures.
|Dining Room Service Management
- Differentiate between the various styles of service including: American (Pre-plated), English (Family), Russian (Platter), French (Gueridon).
- Identify food safety and sanitation practices within a food service establishment.
|Food Safety and Sanitation
- Determine the presence of foodborne-illness outbreak.
- Identify foodborne pathogen, their sources, and resulting illnesses, and symptoms.
|Introduction to Hospitality
- Locate a current hospitality job, write a report on the prospective employer, write a cover letter and resume.
- Identify a recognized hospitality leader and accurately describing type of leadership style adopted by this leader and the characteristics that made them successful.
- Calculate the recipe cost of an entire menu.
- Analyze the popularity and profitability of a menu.
|Professional Cooking I
- Plan a food production schedule and assemble the tools, equipment, and ingredients required to produce a recipe in an organized and efficient manner.
- Recipe knowledge, accuracy and execution: Follow recipe procedures to produce food at the appropriate temperature, consistency, texture, flavor, and in a timely manner.
|Restaurant Cost Control
- Conduct break-even analysis on a food & beverage facility and conduct cost volume analysis to determine the number of customers required to attain desired profits.
- Analyze the operational and cost control performance of a restaurant.