|Architectural CAD and BIM
||ARCH 147 (VOC)
- Students will be able to use architectural software for building virtual models for design and Design Development drawings.
- Students will successfully plot 2D and 3D projections of virtual building model according to industry standards.
|Architectural Drawings and Fabrications
- Students will be able to produce a simple set of working drawings of a light-frame building of "Type V" construction suitable for building department "Plan-check" submittal.
- Students will apply appropriate architectural standards to produce construction drawings.
- Students will apply quality control procedures to produce architectural working drawings
|Architectural Materials and Specifications
- Students will identify key elements of contract documents
- Students will be able to describe the relationship of the various construction trades in their application of construction specifications.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of basic materials and methods of construction
- Students will construct both full- and scale-models of construction assemblies.
- Students will be able to identify the primary CSI divisions by name and correlated number
- Students will be able to measure, cut and nail lumber of various length to frame a floor joist system
|CADD and Digital Design Media Level I
||ARCH 121 (VOC)
- Students will be able to utilize common software for word processing for basic report/specification writing.
- Students will produce architectural or engineering CADD drawings to the appropriate scale using industry standard conventions
- Students will solve basic problems in construction estimation.
- Students will prepare a construction bid using plans for a simple building.
|Design Drawing and Communication
||ARCH 141 (VOC)
- Students will use basic architectural nomenclature related to the design of structures.
- Students will be able to perform the various drawing standards and conventions used in architecture.
- Students will execute orthographic and 3D drawing projections
|Design I - Elements of Design
- Students will complete three-dimensional drawings and physical models.
- Students will be able to use design tools and equipment of the profession.
- Students will be able to apply graphic principles/standards and conventions used in 2D/3D architectural design.
- Students will apply subtractive process as a design methodology
- Upon completion of this course, 70% of students will pass a test with a grade of C or better.
- Visit and synthesize actual site, program and concept to produce small buildings for a specific location.
|Elements of Construction Management
- Students will apply a CPM scheduling technique to a simple construction project.
- Students will be able to describe the process of a building construction project from planning, design, contracting, construction to facility management.