|Administration of Fitness Programs
- Students will have an understanding of exercise facility management characteristics.
- Students will understand the components of sports marketing.
|Fitness Specialist Internship
- Student will be able to set up a workout log of their clients workouts.
- Students will be able to develop a workout plan that will meet their clients needs.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of cardinal planes of motion and corresponding axes of rotation.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of the 3 classes of levers.
|Nutrition for Personal Health and Wellness
- Students completing NF 10 - Nutrition for Personal Health and Wellness will be able to analyze food labels for nutrient content and other pertinent information that will help in healthy food selection.
- Students completing NF 10 - Nutrition for Personal Health and Wellness will be able to analyze food intake and compare to recommended goals.
- Students completing NF 10 - Nutrition for Personal Health and Wellness will be able to evaluate fad diets and products.
- Students completing NF 10 - Nutrition for Personal Health and Wellness will feel motivated and confident in their abilities to apply the information they learned in class to their lives.
|Physiology of Exercise for Fitness
- Students will understand the contraindications relating to exercise testing an individual with disease.
- Students will be able to define/explain Personal Trainer competencies.
- Students will be able to correctly label diagram of a skeletal muscle.
- Explain how exercising in heat impairs performance. List signals of Dehydration, Heat exhaustion and Heat stroke. Explain care and steps to prevent this type of emergency.
|Techniques of Fitness Testing
- Students will be able to define muscular strength.
- Recall movement prep movements to ensure core activation.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the importance and purpose(s) of performing fitness testing
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of risk factors and thresholds for stratifying level of risk for fitness testing.
- Use a health appraisal screening tool prior to exercise.
- Identify positive coronary risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease.
- Evaluate and stratify the health status of potential clients.
- Explain the purpose of performing physical assessments on clients.
- Identify the protocols for selected fitness tests
- Administer test protocols properly and safely.
- Apply components of fitness and develop fitness programs based on an individual’s tests results
|Techniques of Teaching Cardiovascular Exercise
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cardiovascular system and how it functions during exercise.
- Student will identify various cardiovascular equipment and demonstrate an understanding of function.