|Architectural Materials and Specifications
- Students will identify key elements of contract documents
- Students will be able to describe the relationship of the various construction trades in their application of construction specifications.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of basic materials and methods of construction
- Students will construct both full- and scale-models of construction assemblies.
- Students will be able to identify the primary CSI divisions by name and correlated number
- Students will be able to measure, cut and nail lumber of various length to frame a floor joist system
|Building and Zoning Codes
- Students will be able to use basic zoning and building code requirements with other design criteria in non-complex architectural design and construction documents.
- Students will be able to follow typical government procedures in obtaining zoning approval and building permits of simulated building project.
- students will be able to determine occupancy type and occupant load requirements for a specific building design
- Students will be able to determine the applicable current building and zoning code titles/editions for any given location.
- Students will be able to solve a wide variety of equations without being given the type of equation.
- Math students feel they have the resources necessary for their success.
- Students will feel that mathematics is a beneficial part of their education
- Communicate effectively in mathematical language.
- Simplify algebraic expressions including linear, quadratic, rational, and radical.
- Solve linear equations and inequalities, rational equations, and equations involving radicals.
- Solve quadratic equations using the methods of factoring, completing the square, and the quadratic formula.
- Graph solutions of linear equations in the Cartesian Coordinate System.
- Write equations of lines given specific information about the line.
- Solve and graph solutions of linear inequalities in one and two variables.
- Solve systems of linear equations.
- Perform operations with polynomials including adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and factoring.
- Develop problem-solving techniques by solving a wide variety of applications.
- Students will be able to factor a wide variety of polynomials.
|Fundamentals of Construction Inspection
- Students will be able to identify building codes and construction standards applicable for a particular building type and location.
- Students will be able to verify structural elements in accordance to approved construction drawings and code requirements of a light frame construction.
- Identify building codes and construction standards applicable for a particular building type and location.
- Verify structural elements in accordance to approved construction drawings and code requirements of a light frame construction.
- Identify improper wood framing field practices and defective field connections of steel framing.
- Document and report results of construction field inspections according to established guidelines.
- Recommend proper procedures to correct construction field defects.
|Legal Aspects of Construction
- Students will be able to describe the function and inter-relationship among the various legal documents used in the construction of a building (include contract, conditions, drawings and specifications).
- Students will be able to list the state requirements for licensing as a contractor
- 1. Research and delineate applicable licensing requirements, construction business organizations, legal terminology and legal responsibilities
- Explain contractual legal relationships among owner, architect contractor and sub-contractors
- Identify applicable codes, standards and procedures for building permits, material and labor payments, mechanic's lien, inspections and occupancy permits for the completion of a building's construction
- Identify the function and purpose of construction drawings, specifications, addenda, shop drawings and change orders
- Evaluate and follow legal contract documents and construction documents for bidding, construction administration, contract modifications