|CADD and Digital Design Media Level I
||ARCH 121 (VOC)
- Students will be able to utilize common software for word processing for basic report/specification writing.
- Students will produce architectural or engineering CADD drawings to the appropriate scale using industry standard conventions
|Color and Design Theory 1
- Students will successfully use critical thinking in applying color and design theory to a space.
- Students will successfully use critical thinking to complete a written analysis on color concepts.
- Students will successfully apply the knowledge of color to a space accurately based on key concepts.
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills in the presentation of the color application.
|Design Drawing and Communication
||ARCH 141 (VOC)
- Students will use basic architectural nomenclature related to the design of structures.
- Students will be able to perform the various drawing standards and conventions used in architecture.
- Students will execute orthographic and 3D drawing projections
|Interior Design Studio I
- 1. Utilize design process to integrate design concepts and develop solutions for design projects.
2. Design and draw floor plans.
3. Determine relationships of design elements and principles in conceptual two-dimensional and three-dimensional design and interior spaces.
4. Synthesize legal code requirements and universal design in planning interior spaces.
5. Use CAD computer technology.
6. Select and utilize appropriate equipment and materials for design projects.
7. Apply color theories and systems to design projects.
8. Select and coordinate interior furnishings, finishes, and materials.
9. Present projects that reinforce concepts orally, graphically and in writing.
10. Demonstrate time management skills.
- Students will successfully design a space based on a concept.
- Students will successfully meet program requirements.
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills in the presentation of a space.
|Introduction to Interior Design
||ID 10 (VOC)
- Students will successfully use critical thinking in the design of a space.
- Students will successfully design a space to which required contents are presented accurately.
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills in the presentation of the final project.
|Materials and Products for Interior Design
||ID 12 (VOC)
- 1. Identify materials used in the construction of interior spaces.
2. Identify standards used to determine code compliance for interior furnishings and finishes.
3. Identify building materials and finishes safe for the environment and health and welfare of general public.
4. Analyze design concepts for product applications used by designers.
5. Analyze finish materials and products taking into consideration functional, aesthetic and maintenance needs.
6. Discuss concepts of sustainability and identification of products.
7. Calculate quantities of specified materials.
- Students will successfully use critical thinking in the utilization of materials in a space
- Students will accurately specify materials based on use
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills in the presentation of materials.
|Professional Practices for Interior Design
- 1. Distinguish the differences and similarities between interior design specialties.
2. Develop a resume, cover letters, and follow up letters.
3. Design professional identities using self-branding.
4. Develop interview skills and professional demeanor.
5. Dress appropriately for interviews.
6. Compose portfolios of projects for exhibition and oral presentations.
- Students will successfully use critical thinking in editing portfolio content.
- Students will successfully compose a portfolio accurately based on industry standards.
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills in the presentation of a portfolio.
||BUSS 35 (VOC)
- I am able to list the characteristics of a successful salesperson
- I am able to compare and contrast customer needs, wants, product features and benefits
- I am able to evaluate my own potential as a professional salesperson and set goals for improvement