|History of Furniture and Decorative Arts
||ID 14 (VOC)
- 1. Identify the contributions from antiquity to present that have created historical influences on the decorative arts, furniture and interior architecture.
2. Evaluate the historical, political, social and economic implications that affect design.
3. Identify the social, geographic and religious influences on the decorative arts, furniture and interior architecture.
4. Compare and contrast the architectural concepts of ancient and classic civilizations to current design trends.
5. Identify the major design movements of ancient and classic civilizations to present.
- Students will successfully use critical thinking to complete a written analysis on various historic design styles.
- Students will successfully apply knowledge of historic design styles accurately through the creation of a notebook.
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills through the assembly of a notebook.
|Introduction to Interior Design
||ID 10 (VOC)
- Students will successfully use critical thinking in the design of a space.
- Students will successfully design a space to which required contents are presented accurately.
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills in the presentation of the final project.
|Materials and Products for Interior Design
||ID 12 (VOC)
- 1. Identify materials used in the construction of interior spaces.
2. Identify standards used to determine code compliance for interior furnishings and finishes.
3. Identify building materials and finishes safe for the environment and health and welfare of general public.
4. Analyze design concepts for product applications used by designers.
5. Analyze finish materials and products taking into consideration functional, aesthetic and maintenance needs.
6. Discuss concepts of sustainability and identification of products.
7. Calculate quantities of specified materials.
- Students will successfully use critical thinking in the utilization of materials in a space
- Students will accurately specify materials based on use
- Students will successfully demonstrate craftsmanship skills in the presentation of materials.