|Dining Room Service Management
- Differentiate between the various styles of service including: American (Pre-plated), English (Family), Russian (Platter), French (Gueridon).
- Identify food safety and sanitation practices within a food service establishment.
|Event Planning and Catering
- Students will be able to meet with prospective clients and plan all elements of a special event.
- Develop a business plan for a catering business and understand the enormity of planning for and opening a small business.
|Food Safety and Sanitation
- Determine the presence of foodborne-illness outbreak.
- Identify foodborne pathogen, their sources, and resulting illnesses, and symptoms.
|Introduction to Hospitality
- Locate a current hospitality job, write a report on the prospective employer, write a cover letter and resume.
- Identify a recognized hospitality leader and accurately describing type of leadership style adopted by this leader and the characteristics that made them successful.
- Calculate the recipe cost of an entire menu.
- Analyze the popularity and profitability of a menu.
|Principles of Foods with Lab
- Students completing NF 20 - Principles of Foods with Lab will be able to apply and present food science principles to the analysis of a recipe.
- Students completing NF 20 - Principles of Foods - will be able to correctly identify key laboratory equipment and utensils appropriately.
- Students completing NF 20 - Principles of Foods with Lab will feel confident in their abilities to successfully follow recipes.
|Professional Cooking I
- Plan a food production schedule and assemble the tools, equipment, and ingredients required to produce a recipe in an organized and efficient manner.
- Recipe knowledge, accuracy and execution: Follow recipe procedures to produce food at the appropriate temperature, consistency, texture, flavor, and in a timely manner.
|Work Experience in Restaurant/Hospitality
- Develop measurable skill-based learning objectives, which they will attain at the end of their work experience period.
- Demonstrate proficiency of skills specified in the measurable objectives.