||AGAN 94 (VOC)
- Course completers should be able to recognize & discuss current topics dealing with artificial insemination, embryo manipulation and reproductive biotechnology
- Course completers should be able to recognize major breeding systems for domestic animals
||AGAN 2 (VOC)
- Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of positive and negative aspects of nutritional supplements and additives.
- 80% of the students will be able to formulate a ration for a livestock animal, utilizing the Parson Square Method.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of nutritional requirements of various life stages of the canine.
|Animal Sanitation and Disease Control
||AGLI 96 (VOC)
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of key nutritional factors that would influence disease conditions.
- Students will be able to identify poisonous plants that are commonly poisonous to animals.
- Students will be able to describe appropriate sanitation procedures for animal confinement areas.
||AGLI 16 (VOC)
- Students completing AGLI 16 will be able to explain the structural changes that occurred during the evolution of the horse.
- Students completing AGLI 16 will be able to follow the vaccination schedule recommended by the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
- Students completing AGLI 16 will be able to distinguish between different breeds of the modern horse.
|Horse Ranch Management
||AGLI 18 (VOC)
- Students completing AGLI 18 will be able to develop a business plan for a proposed equine facility.
- Course completers will explain laws and legislations regulating horse farms and businesses.
- Course completers will develop and implement a health plan for a breeding program with the resources available.
|Work Experience in Agriculture
- Employers of Agricultural Science Work Experience Students will rate the technical skills of their students as above average.
- Employers of Agricultural Sciences Work Experience Students will rate them at 85% or higher for their work habits as above average.