Ask Joe

Student Services

We are looking forward to seeing you in person this Fall. If you are new to your college career, let's start with a few pointers for student success:

  • If you're new to the college experience, sign up for Mountie Fast Track
  • For ALL STUDENTS - In addition to checking Canvas every day – make sure you also check your Mt. SAC email and your portal every day as this is how we communicate with you!
  • If you have any questions – be sure to call us or email us. See the listing below for our main offices.
  • Most importantly, continue to take precautions. Call our Health Center (909) 274-4400 if you have any symptoms or concerns about your health and mental health. We can assist you.
  • Student Services Bldg. 9B is OPEN! Summer hours are Mon-Thu 8am-4:30pm.
How Do I Register? (909) 274-4415 email:

Admissions & Records

Contact Admissions and Records for any questions about when you register, how to register - (909) 274-4415 or email at:

Which classes do I take?


Contact Counseling for any questions about which classes to take - (909) 274-4380 or email at:

Am I Eligible for Financial Aid?

Financial Aid

Contact Financial Aid for assistance in applying for financial aid – the FAFSA for the Pell Grant, the CA Dream Act, or the CCPG (fee waiver) – (909) 274-4450 or email at:

How Do I Get Textbooks?

Mt. SAC Bookstore

Textbook and supply purchases are available online at the Bookstore. For more information,


    • Fall 2021

      Our current goal is to provide 80% of our courses back in-person on campus. 

      • Registration has begun.
      • Last day to pay fees is August 13.
        • Do so to avoid drop for non-payment
      • 1st day of instruction is August 23
      • Last day to add a class is September 3


    • Add/Drop Classes
        • put your name on the wait list, if a space opens up you will be notified
        • Once the semester starts the only way to add is to get an ADD CODE from the instructor. [If the first class meeting has not occurred and there are still available seats, you can go online and register for the class]
        • If you get an add code, go on line and register for the class as soon as possible –add codes have an expiration date.
      • DROP any classes you do not intend to keep. The automatic “EW” is no longer in effect for the fall semester
    • Where do I get a Student ID?

      Get Student Photo IDs at bookstore.  The bookstore is OPEN THIS WEEK July 19-22, 9am-3pm. The bookstore is planning to fully re-open first Monday in August. Email with any questions. See bookstore.


*Important Announcements*

    • Zoom At Noon 

      Our next session is July 21.  Join us. Psw: summer
      View presentation from 6/16 deck here:zoom cover  

    • Important Dates to Remember
      • Fall Semester begins August 23
        • Starting Fall '21, automatic "EW"s will no longer take effect.
      • Winter Intersession
        • REGISTRATION BEGINS: November 4, 2020
        • CLASSES HELD: January 4, 2021 to February 14, 2021
    • Vaccine Clinics at Mt SAC


      The clinics will be held on Thursdays in the courtyard between Buildings 67A and 67B:

      • Thursday, July 22 – 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine for people 12 years and older.
      • Thursday, July 29 – 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. Pfizer vaccine for 12 years and older. (details are tentative)
      • Thursday, August 5 – 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Pfizer vaccine. 12 years and older. (details are tentative)
      • Thursday, August 12 – 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Pfizer vaccine. 12 years and older. (details are tentative)
      • Thursday, August 19 – 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Moderna vaccine. 18 years and older. (details are tentative)


      If you are interested in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine on campus, you must:

      • Be 12 years or older
      • Be available to receive the vaccine at Mt. SAC at the Building 67A courtyard
      • Sign up for an appointment at Limited vaccines are available for walk ins.
        • After opening the website, follow the prompts
        • When it asks for Address or Zip Code, put “Walnut, CA”
        • Choose “Mt SAC by EVCHC – Walnut” and the vaccine you prefer
        • Choose your preferred appointment times
        • Follow the prompts to provide information and confirm appointment
    • Foothill Transit Info
      • Mt SAC credit students will be able to ride Foothill Transit buses for free Fall Semester 2021 by showing their Mt. SAC student ID cards with TAP sticker.
      • Get Student Photo IDs at bookstore. Email with any questions. See bookstore.
    • Laptop & WiFi Hotspot Loan Program

      Laptop Loan Request Form

      Students who are currently using a laptop on loan from Mt. SAC and/or are accessing wifi through a device issued by Mt. SAC, are able to keep their technology if they will be enrolled in summer or fall courses.

      Students who will no longer be attending Mt. SAC must return their technology immediately . Use this link: Technology Loan Return Appointment to set up your drive-thru return date.

Check out the
Student Services Billboard of Events:
billboard of events

Student Services Events & Workshops

General Services

Specialized Support Services

Student Services                                                                                                                       In the NEWS...

Summer Programs 2021 recruitment

For more info students should visit programs. 


Promise+Plus increases chance of student success

Promise + Plus is a Mt. SAC program designed for new college students and statistics show that going through its classes greatly increases the chance of student success. In this video, students speak to how the program has helped them. Visit for more information. 

Foster Youth REACH for Success

REACH is Mt. SAC's program for foster youth. Find out how it is making a difference in the lives of those students with the odds stacked most against them. REACH has tripled the rate that these vulnerable students graduate from a four-year college. Learn more at


Thank you to our

CARE Adopt-A-Family donors!