Message To Our Aspire Family
The Aspire Program stands united with our Aspire Family during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you are in need, then please contact our program at (909) 274-6396 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and our entire Mt. San Antonio College campus.
The Aspire Program
Aspire is a dynamic program designed to provide essential educational support and services to increase the academic success, retention, degree completion, and transfer rates of African-American and other students enrolled at Mt. San Antonio College. We accomplish this through monthly workshops, academic counseling, and learning communities. Our aim is to develop a sense of “community” among African-American students, other students, faculty, staff and administrators.
- MOTIVATION by offering inspirational workshops and events throughout the semester
- CONNECTION to campus resources including Counseling, Career and Transfer services, Financial Aid, and other support services
- ACADEMIC HELP through study groups, tutoring, and learning communities
- CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING by providing educational forums and events that reflect and discuss African-American culture and history
Students in the Aspire program are required to:
- Be currently enrolled at MT. SAC
- Meet with the Aspire Coordinator for an Aspire Orientation
- Meet with an Aspire Counselor once per semester
- Attend at least one Aspire Event per semester