Welcome to Mt SAC!
Orientation, Assessment, and MAP Workshop
As a new student you are required to complete a New Student Orientation (NSO), an assessment questionnaire (AQ) to guide you identify the right English, math, and reading courses, and attend a MAP workshop to meet with counselors.
- Complete online New Student Orientation
- Complete Assessment Questionnaire (AQ)
- Attend an in-person Mountie Academic Plan (MAP) workshop where you will…
- Learn about the educational options offered at Mt SAC
- Develop a one-semester course plan
- Receive one-to-one support with the registration process
- Register for Classes
Still have questions or need assistance with scheduling a MAP workshop?
Call the Counseling Center at 909-274-4380 or visit us in-person at the Counseling Center, 9B, 2nd floor
Students may request exemption from Orientation if they meet any of the following criteria:
- I have graduated with an Associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution. Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of degree attainment.
- I have enrolled at the college for a reason other than career development or advancement, transfer, attainment of a degree or certificate of achievement, or completion of a basic skills or English as a Second Language course sequence.
- I have earned 60 units or more from a regionally accredited institution. Must provide a copy of transcripts as documentation of units earned from another institution.
- I am enrolled at Mt. SAC solely to take a course that is legally mandated for employment as defined in section 55000 or necessary in response to a significant change in industry or licensure standings.
- I am enrolled as a special admit student pursuant to Education Code section 76001.
Download the Student Success and Support Form here & take the completed form and any supporting documents to the Counseling Center or fax to 909.274.2413.