EOPS/CARE is now accepting applications for Fall 2021.
Temporary EOPS Hotline: (909) 637-2506
EOPS Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Our EOPS/CARE Team Members
Extended Opportunity Programs & Services
EOPS also known as Extended Opportunity Programs and Services. EOPS was established on September 4, 1969, Senate Bill 164 was signed into law to help historically socio/economically disadvantaged students in community colleges throughout California. Our program goes “over and above” other college services by offering counseling, tutoring, financial assistance, and other support services designed to help students meet their personal and/or educational goals. Which includes but not limit to obtaining job skills, occupational certificates, or associate degrees, and/or transferring to a four-year institution. Over the last 50 years, EOPS has provided over 2 million students statewide with “over and above” services to help them achieve their educational aspirations. In addition, it is worth noting the following which includes but not limited to:
- EOPS is a California community college state-funded program
- Provides access to educational opportunities (history: Civil Rights Act)
- Supports eligible underrepresented students along educational journey
- A program that has been advocating for students more than 50 years!
- EOPS supports each of our students by honoring the EOPS mission: to provide, “over, above and in addition to service.”
- Featured Events
Jul 6 - Oct 1
During your First Counseling Contact appointment you will meet with the counselor to review, develop, and/or update your Student Education Plan.
Oct 4 - Oct 29
Nov 1 - Dec 15
During your Third Counseling Contact appointment you will discuss academic progress, review your EOPS/CARE eligibility status, and/or further develop your Student Education Plan.
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Building 9B 1st Floor