El Centro, The Center for Latinidad, provides collaborative programming at Mt. SAC and outside partners. We serve to support, educate, and assist the community in gaining a sense of awareness and cultural wealth. We honor*, celebrate, and explore the diverse cultural roots within Latinidad. Our center also provides a relaxed study and networking space to promote community and academic support.
To celebrate and explore our Latinidad.
Celebrar y explorar nuestra Latinidad.
Uplifting our community, together we achieve our dreams.
Elevado nuestra comunidad, juntos realizamos nuestros sueños.
Calendar of Events
If you have any questions, contact 909-274-4310 or email@example.com. To request disability related accommodations please contact El Centro at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 business days in advance of the event.
- To increase the educational attainment of Chicanx/Latinx students.
- To educate the Chicanx/Latinx community and the Mt. SAC community about the diversity that encompasses the Chicanx/Latinx cultural community.
- To provide a physical space that reflects the perspectives and culture of Chicanx/Latinx students.
- To provide educational, cultural and social programming that affirms and celebrates Chicanx/Latinx identity and values, as well as the awareness of the social, political, historical and cultural realities of the Chicanx/Latinx population.
- To broaden and facilitate the channels of communication between Chicanx/Latinx students and the greater Mt. SAC student community.
- To support the development of students interested in the Chicanx/Latinx culture.
- To participate in the college’s core values of supporting equity and diversity.
- To provide information to enhance cultural awareness at Mt. SAC.
- Counseling and Advising
- Peer-to-peer Support
- Leadership and Community Engagement Opportunities
- Chicanx/Latinx Studies Library/ Archival Documents
- University Raza Youth Conferences
- On-campus and Online Cultural Events