- Who We Are
Empower every student to grow and advocate for their community!
Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College is a student led organization, which strives to enrich student success through leadership development and personal growth opportunities. We unite, motivate, and empower our students and community while fostering and promoting advocacy for the student body.
Associated Students supports the development of the student body through the following priorities:
- Co-Curricular Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Retention & Transfer
- Recognition of Service
- Civic Engagement & Advocacy
- Fee Information
Student Activities Fee
What is the Student Activities Fee? - The $11 Student Activity Fee allows your student government to provide scholarships, leadership opportunities, cultural events, discounted tickets, funding for student events and many other co-curricular programs and services for students. Some of the benefits students receive by paying the Student Activities Fee are:
- Free admission & free food at all A.S. events throughout the semester: A.S. Visibility, Athletics Fair, Finals Frenzy, New Student Welcome, & Pizza with the President, & more!
- Free trips to universities tours
- Free access to check-out games and equipment in the Student Life Center
- Eligibility to apply for A.S. scholarships
- Eligibility to purchase Discounted tickets (available at the BookRac)
- Eligibility to apply for Leadership Conferences
- Eligibility to vote in Mt. SAC Student Body Elections & hold an A.S. Officer position
- Eligibility to hold an officer position in a campus club
Student Representation Fee - $2 per semester (Fall/Spring)
The $2 Student Representation Fee, mandated by Assembly Bill (AB) 1504, provides support for student government representatives who may be presenting positions and viewpoints to representatives, offices, and agencies of local, district, and state governments.
The fee is divided, with $1 going to the Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College, and $1 for use by the Student Senate of the California Community Colleges (SSCCC). For example, this fee supports sending students to Sacramento or Washington, D.C. to advocate for solutions towards issues faced by California Community College students and lobby for adequate tuition and services. For more information about this fee visit our FAQ.
- New Student Welcome
Our Mt. SAC New Student Welcome 2020 is here! We look forward to providing our new Mountie family a welcome experience in two parts.
Part 1: Be online and ready to go! You will hear from College Administrators, Staff, and Student Leaders. During this webinar you will also have an opportunity to learn tips from faculty about how to successfully navigate the online instruction environment.
Part 2: You will gain personal development from the following interactive sessions:
- Get Engaged: Associated Students and Clubs
- Get Connected: Virtual Campus Tour
- Build Community: Student Services Support
This event has passed. CLICK HERE to view the video recording of the webinar.
- Who We Are
- Pizza with the President
Mt. SAC students are invited to meet with College President Bill Scroggins and discuss any topic in an open setting.
A food delivery service eGiftcard will be provided upon attendance , compliments of A.S. and the President's Office.
There will be a maximum of 10 students allowed per session and each student will only be allowed to attend one session.
After registration, you will receive a follow up email with the Zoom link for the event. Only Students who have registered are allowed to participate. Due to minimum slots, please inform us of any changes to your attendance.
Please email Giovanni Rodriguez, email@example.com for any disability related accommodations, or questions about the event.
Inspiring Women Nominations
Each year Associated Students celebrates the contributions made by our Mt. SAC community. In conjunction with Women's History Month and National Women's History Alliance, we select 4 recipients to honor, that is were we need your help!
Nominations are now closed. We will update this section to announce the recipients and post our celebration video.
For questions or concerns, please contact Student Life, 9C at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for our Executive Board Leaders for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
Officer Positions Open:
The Executive Board consists of the A.S. President, A.S. Vice President, two (2) Senate Chairs, two (2) ICC Co-Chairs, and the Student Trustee. Some positions run as a single candidate ticket, while other run on a two candidate ticket, please see the tickets below:
ICC Co-Chairs Ticket
Senate Chair Ticket
Student Trustee Ticket
- Run for office during a general elections process, held every April. Elected officers take office July 1st
- Must be available every Tuesday and Thursday 3:00pm – 5:30pm
- Have completed one (1) semester at Mt. SAC and 6 graded units with a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in at least 5 units and maintain a 2.0 semester GPA
- Pay the Student Activities Fee of $11.00 each semester
- Have no discipline record on file with the college
- Complete an Executive Board application
Please read more about the positions in the about use section.
For additional detailed information please review the Organizational Directive in Governing Documents.
If you would like to apply for any of the positions above, please visit click below
For additional questions, please email the Elections Senator, Elijah Romero, at email@example.com
- Pizza with the President
Get Engaged. Build Community.
Associated Students conduct a series of public meetings. Please join us at one of the meetings below. Agendas are posted and you are more than welcomed to attend and speak during open forum/public comment.,please inform the chair of each meeting that you would like to speak.