- Who We Are
Empower every student to grow and advocate for their community!
Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College is a student led organization, which strives to enrich student success through leadership development and personal growth opportunities. We unite, motivate, and empower our students and community while fostering and promoting advocacy for the student body.
Associated Students supports the development of the student body through the following priorities:
- Co-Curricular Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Retention & Transfer
- Recognition of Service
- Civic Engagement & Advocacy
- Fee Information
Student Activities Fee
What is the Student Activities Fee? - The $11 Student Activity Fee allows your student government to provide scholarships, leadership opportunities, cultural events, discounted tickets, funding for student events and many other co-curricular programs and services for students. Some of the benefits students receive by paying the Student Activities Fee are:
- Free admission & free food at all A.S. events throughout the semester: A.S. Visibility, Athletics Fair, Finals Frenzy, New Student Welcome, & Pizza with the President, & more!
- Free trips to universities tours
- Free access to check-out games and equipment in the Student Life Center
- Eligibility to apply for A.S. scholarships
- Eligibility to purchase Discounted tickets (available at the BookRac-Mid September 2021)
- Eligibility to apply for Leadership Conferences
- Eligibility to vote in Mt. SAC Student Body Elections & hold an A.S. Officer position
- Eligibility to hold an officer position in a campus club
Student Representation Fee - $2 per semester (Fall/Spring)
The $2 Student Representation Fee, mandated by Assembly Bill (AB) 1504, provides support for student government representatives who may be presenting positions and viewpoints to representatives, offices, and agencies of local, district, and state governments.
The fee is divided, with $1 going to the Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College, and $1 for use by the Student Senate of the California Community Colleges (SSCCC). For example, this fee supports sending students to Sacramento or Washington, D.C. to advocate for solutions towards issues faced by California Community College students and lobby for adequate tuition and services. For more information about this fee visit our FAQ.
- New Student Welcome
We look forward to providing our new Mountie family a welcome experience every August!
- Get Engaged: Associated Students and Clubs
- Get Connected: On-Campus Tour
- Build Community: Student Services Support
A video recording will be provided after the Webinar takes place on August 10, 2021.
- Apply for an A.S. Position Here
Are you ready to join Associated Students for a conference, college committee, or officer position? Please complete the form below. The application is through your Student Portal and requires you to answer some questions.
- Allow enough time to complete the online form
- You will be asked to thoughtfully answer some questions. You may want to copy and paste the prompts on a word document. The portal does time out, you wouldn't want to lose you work!
- Please be aware of timeline for application submissions. You may always follow up with your submission with Leslie Hennings
- Who We Are
Fall Leadership Conference
Applications due Sept. 10, 2021
Join us in a Mt. SAC tradition! A 3 day, 2 night experience where we explore leadership identity, team dynamics, diversity, and environmental consciousness at the UCLA Lake Arrowhead Lodge. Transportation, housing, and meals provided. Space is limited, application and eligibility is required.
UPDATE: If you are getting an error message, please email the answered questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your name and A number.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications Due September 10, 2021 @ Noon
The Application is through your portal and will time out after 15 minutes, There are four questions to answer. Open a word document and pre-draft your answers so you don't lose your work. There are limited spots so make sure to give us your best response. Below are the four questions, 100 words or less for each question.
1. Why are you interested in attending an A.S. Conference?
2. Describe what you believe to be the duties and responsibilities of a conference attendee?
3. What do you expect to gain from this experience?
4. Conference interested in? (remmeber to type Fall Leadership Conference)
- Pizza with the President
Are you wanting to meet the CEO/President of Mt. SAC? Aside from Dr. Scroggins office hours, he and Associated Students host a lunch event where a small group of students can meet him in a smaller more relaxed setting. Get to know more about Dr. Scroggin's leadership journey and have the ability to ask him about college related issues.
Space is limited! Use the link above and complete the reservation and to view upcoming dates and times.
- A.S. Visibility and Advocacy
Join Associated Student officers on Wednesday, September 1st at Kerr's Corner (Grass Area west of 9C) from 11:30a to 1:30p and Thursday, September 2nd at 26 Courtyard from 11:30a to 1:30p or 3p to 5p.
Come meet us and find out about Fall events, leadership opportunities, and more!
- Fall Leadership Conference Applications due Sept. 10, 2021
Get Engaged. Build Community.
Associated Students conduct a series of public meetings. Please join us at one of the meetings below. Agendas are posted and you are more than welcomed to attend and speak during open forum/public comment.,please inform the chair of each meeting that you would like to speak.