CalWORKs logo 

The CalWORKs program provides educational/training assistance to students who receive cash-aid through TANF, including self-initiated participants (SIPs) and GAIN referrals. The program assists students in entering the workforce at the highest level possible, and in developing a personal career ladder leading to increased self-sufficiency and individual  growth. Support services include counseling, educational advising,progress monitoring, job development and placement, post employment, childcare, work-study, and case management.

Featured Events

The Mt. San Antonio College CalWORKs program empowers student-parents to successfully transition off public assistance by providing direct academic counseling, advocacy, case management, academic support and community resource referrals.

 We’re Here To Help!

The Mt. SAC CalWORKs Program can help you with the following:

  • Prepare and assist with transferring requirements to a university
  • Enroll in Basic Skills Classes
  • Enroll in short term and long term training programs
  • Participate in the CalWORKs Work Study program (limited)
  • Completion of county paperwork
  • Completion of childcare paperwork
  • Assistance with books, supplies and fees

8:30 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Building 9B, Lower Level
(909) 274-4755

    • CalWORKs Enrollment Requirements


      • Must be a current recipient of TANF
      • Must have or developing a Welfare-to-Work Plan
      • Can be Self-Initiated Program (SIP); can be Exempt TANF recipients with an educational plan
      • Must have a dependent child under the age of 18, living at home
      • Must be enrolled in credit or non-credit classes at Mt. SAC
    • Applying to CalWORKs


      • Please call the Mt. SAC CalWORKs Program at (909) 274-4755 for an appointment.  You will be required to show verification of current TANF status.  You can also visit the CalWORKs office located in the Student Services Building (9B), next to EOPS.
    • Student Expectations


      • Maintain a 2.00 GPA
      • Meet the 20/30/35 hour county approved program of activities
      • Comply with Department of Public Social Services and CalWORKs/GAIN guidelines