Mt. SAC Transfer Programs
Associate Degrees for Transfer

AA-T and AS-T Degrees

Transfer Degree Option:

If you are planning to earn a bachelor’s degree at a California State University (CSU), then our Associate Degrees for Transfer are for you! That’s because in California, any community-college student who completes an Associate Degree for Transfer is guaranteed admission to a CSU campus. It’s important to know that admission to a particular CSU campus or major is NOT guaranteed – however, students who earn an Associate Degree for Transfer will receive priority CSU admission consideration.

Here at Mt. SAC, our Associate Degrees for Transfer are divided into two categories:

  • Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T)
  • Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T)
Students who transfer to a CSU campus that accepts the AA-T or AS-T degree will be required to complete no more than 60 units after transferring to earn a bachelor's degree (unless the major is a designated "high-unit" major). Still unsure whether our Associates Degrees for Transfer are for you? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Counseling Department with questions, or for help in such areas as how to develop your education plan; how to identify similar majors at the CSU campuses; or for additional information about admission requirements.


Degrees Available

Mt. SAC currently offers the AA-T and AS-T degrees listed below. Additional degrees are being developed and will be updated here as they are finalized. Click on the degree name to learn more.

Helpful Links

Student and Faculty VoicesStudent Voices

Listen to our podcast featuring fascinating conversations between students, alumni and professors on real-world applications of this major..



Minimum of 60 CSU-transferable semester units


Minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) in all CSU-transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 GPA is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult a counselor for more information.

Major Courses

Completion of a minimum 18 semester units in an AA-T or AS-T major. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of C or better or a “P” if the course is taken on a pass/no pass basis.

General Education

Certified completion of the CSU General Education-Breadth pattern (CSU GE) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC)