California State University (CSU) - A Degree with a Guarantee
The Associate Degree for Transfer makes it easier for students like you to transfer from a California Community College to a California State University (CSU). For the first time in California history, community college students who complete an AA-T or AS-T will be guaranteed admission to a CSU campus. With this degree, you have the opportunity to complete two degrees with only 120 units if you apply and are admitted into a similar degree program.
Learn more at http://adegreewithaguarantee.com/
For more information about Mt. SAC's AA-T and AS-T degrees click here.
University of California (UC) - Transfer Admission Guarantee
The UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program offers qualified California Community College students guaranteed admission to one of the six participating UC campuses. At some campuses this may include early review of your academic records, early admission notification, and specific guidance about major preparation and general education coursework.
See the information below and consider attending a TAG workshop to learn more about requirements and how to apply!
When and how to apply for TAG:
- Complete the Transfer Admission Planner & TAG application.
- Submit your TAG application September 1 - 30, 2021 (for Fall 2022 admission).
- Submit the UC admission application November 1 - 30, 2021 (for Fall 2022 admission).
Each UC campus has very specific TAG requirements that you can learn more about by visiting the links below. You might be eligible for a TAG if you meet these basic requirements in addition to the campus specific criteria:
- Have earned 30+ UC transferable units at the time of your TAG application
- Have a UC transferable GPA of 2.7 - 3.4 or higher (varies by campus)
Visit the campus websites for more information about TAG requirements:
California Community College Guarantee to Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU)
California Community College students may now take advantage of a new initiative that facilitates transfer to a number of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Learn more about the CCC to HBCU Transfer Guarantee.
CCC to HBCU Transfer Guarantee requirements:
- By completing the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum requirements
(IGETC) or the California State University General Education Breadth (CSU GE) and
obtaining a transfer-level associate degree (60 units) with a 2.5 or higher grade
point average, students are guaranteed admission with junior standing to participating
- Students may also opt to transfer with 30 or more University of California or California State University transferable units and a 2.5 or higher grade point average.
Learn more about the Associate Degree for Transfer.
Arizona State University - Guaranteed Program for Admission
General university admission is guaranteed to Mt. SAC students who meet one of the following requirements:
- an associate degree with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 2.50 OR
- a fully certified Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or California State University General Education (CSUGE), with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 2.50 plus either a final high school transcript or GED OR
- completion of at least 24 transferable semester credits with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.00 (4.00=“A”) plus either a final high school transcript or GED
To sign up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission, start by building a transfer map. Students may sign up for the Guaranteed Program for Admission at any point while attending a participating California community college.
Northern Arizona University
Northern Arizona University guarantees admission to California community college students who have:
- Completed IGETC with a cumulative GPA of 2.5+ OR
- Earned an associate's degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.0+
Northeastern University College of Professional Studies
Northeastern’s College of Professional Studies makes the transfer process simple for community college students. In order to be admitted to a Bachelor’s Completion program, students need to submit the Northeastern University CPS application and meet one of the following requirements:
- Official college transcripts demonstrating completion of an AA/AS degree, or that the student is registered and enrolled in their last academic term pending completion of their degree, OR
- Completion of a minimum of 60 semester units/ 90 quarter units. All transcripts must reflect a minimum cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
Official English Language Proficiency scores are required for students whose primary language is not English if the student has not completed their AA/AS degree, or two years of study (60 units) at a U.S. institution.
Western Oregon University - Transfer Admission Guarantee
Western Oregon University's TAG guarantees admission to Mt. SAC students who meet the requirements listed below. To learn more see CCC Transfer Admission Guarantees.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.25 or higher in transferable coursework
- Completion of 24 CSU or UC transferable semester credits. No more than four PE or non-academic semester credits will be counted toward the 24 semester credits
- Completion of ENGL 1A with a C or higher (or comparable course from another college)
- Completion of MATH 100 or higher (or comparable course from another college)
- ACT or SAT scores are not required for students who meet the above requirements
University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo guarantees admission to eligible California community college students who have completed at least 24 baccalaureate-level semester credits from all colleges attended with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Students transferring to UH Hilo with an Associate of Arts (AA) degree from Mt. SAC will be exempted from the General Education requirements
University of La Verne - Transfer Admission Guarantee
University of La Verne's TAG offers guaranteed admission and additional benefits such as advising, an application fee waiver, and a scholarship/tuition reduction. TAG requirements:
- Completion of 28 semester units
- Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or higher
- Completion of a college-level English class