DL Amendment Form
In order to make your course DL-ready, you must complete the DL amendment form process.
After submitting your DL Amendment form, the DLC (Distance Learning Committee) will
review and approve the form before sending it to EDC.
Submit the form via a Word document/Smartsheet process. Please submit your form as
a Word document.
- 1Step 1 - Download and complete DL Amendment Form
To complete the DL Amendment form follow the 5 easy steps below!
- Download the most updated DL Amendment form which includes the new template language.
- Complete the cover page with the course title, units, faculty developer, department
approval, new/revised etc. If your course is FOMA, you expect it will not be offered during a normal semester.
- Review Table 1 DL Course Components and Delivery Methods. This form was recently revised by the Distance Learning Committee (DLC) and contains
common delivery methods appropriate for online courses and uses language to support
regular and effective contact. You may use any of the modes from the Table 1 template which closely match the methods used in the course. You may also add methods
unique to the courses in the highlighted area at the end of the table. Ex. LAB for
laboratory courses if appropriate, FT for field trips, etc.
- Go to WebCMS and view the most updated version of the course. Use the topical outline from the course to design Table 2. DL Course Weekly Schedule of Activities.
- Create the DL Course Weekly Schedule using the topical outline from WebCMS and the
methods from Table 1. Topics MUST match exactly!
- WEEK 1 and WEEK 16 have been completed for you.
- For WEEKS 2 - 15, enter the topical outline in column 2.
- In Column 3, enter a brief description of pedagogy used in the traditional course.
- In Column 4, design the DL course using the methods from Table 1.
- Include the estimated time for each method in Column 5. Note that hours must be appropriate
for the number of units, e.g. 1 unit = 3 hours, so a 3-unit course will average about
9 hours/wk, a 4-unit course, 12 hours/wk, etc.
Contact the DL Faculty Coordinator: Carol Impara, 909-274-6369, or at email@example.com
- 2Step 2 - Submit DL Amendment Form
- 3Step 3 - Reviewed at DLC and final approval made by Educational Design Committee (EDC)
Step 3 - Reviewed at DLC and final approval made by Educational Design Committee (EDC)
Need help or have questions?
Contact the DL Faculty Coordinator: Carol Impara, 909-274-6369, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not submitting DL Amendment forms through WebCMS any longer.
If you have more questions about the DL course amendment process, SPOT, or the additional
requirements to teach an online or hybrid course at Mt. SAC, or other questions related
to Distance Learning, feel free to contact your Distance Learning Faculty Coordinators:
Return to DLC home page