|Kristina Allende||Curriculum Liaison/Co-Chair||2018-20||Academic Senate|
|Joumana McGowan||Associate Vice President of Instruction/Co-Chair||Ongoing||Instruction|
|Liza Becker||Associate Dean, School of Continuing Education||Ongoing||Instruction|
|Dianne Rowley||Assistant Curriculum Liaison||2019-20||Academic Senate|
|Jamaika Fowler||Articulation Officer||Ongoing||Academic Senate|
|Melissa Macias||Faculty - Arts||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Karen Marston/ Tiffany Quo||Faculty - Arts||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Cecilia Thay||Faculty - Business||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Shelley Doonan||Faculty - Business||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Jennifer Olds||Faculty - Humanities||2019-22||Academic Senate|
|Serena Ott||Faculty - Humanities||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Malcolm Rickard||Faculty - Natural Sciences||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Dhaval Doshi||Faculty - Natural Sciences||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Karol Ritz||Faculty - Kinesiology||2018-19||Academic Senate|
|Ron Kamaka||Faculty - Kinesiology||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Jared Burton||Faculty - Library Learning Resources||2018-19||Academic Senate|
|Vacant||Faculty - Library Learning Resources||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Garett Staley||Faculty - Technology and Health||
|Samantha James-Perez||Faculty - Technology and Health||
|Vacant||Faculty - Student Services||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Cynthia Burnett||Faculty - Student Services||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Donna Necke/ L.E. Foisia||Faculty - School of Continuing Education||2018-21||Academic Senate|
|Dana Miho/ Vanessa Garcia||Faculty - School of Continuing Education||2020-23||Academic Senate|
|Christy Lin||Student Representative||2019-20||Academic Senate|
Educational Design Committee
The Educational Design Committee serves as a standing committee of the Curriculum & Instruction Council. The mission of the Educational Design Committee is to facilitate consistency in the quality of curriculum management and to ensure that all general education courses meet the intent of Title 5 regulations.
The Educational Design Committee serves as a standing committee of the Curriculum and Instruction Council. The mission of the Educational Design Committee is to facilitate consistency in the quality of curriculum management and to ensure that all courses and programs meet the intent of Title 5 regulations.
- Report to the Academic Senate and make recommendations to the Senate Board of Trustees
via Curriculum and Instruction to include:
- Review of new and amended credit and noncredit course content and associated required technical information under Title 5
- Review of new and amended credit and noncredit programs and the associated required technical information under Title 5
- Review of new and amended courses as they relate to majors and certificates, degrees, and transfer
- Coordination of course proposals and review, as appropriate
- Appropriate requisites
- Review courses and programs maintaining compliance with external and internal policies.
- Recommend policy changes pertaining to curricular issues.
- Implement State regulations and guidelines pertaining to the curriculum development
- Train committee members, faculty, division deans, and staff, as appropriate
- Maintain and provide regulations updates
- Disseminate information.
- Review and make recommendations regarding transfer status and general education courses
via Educational Design Subcommittee for General Education and Transfer Issues
- Educate and train faculty on procedures in requesting general education course approval.
- Implement the general education philosophy on campus by systematically reviewing all general education lists.
- One committee member from each division will attend division meetings to report on courses that are being reviewed.
Dr. Joumana McGowan
Associate Vice President of Instruction/Co-Chair
M-Th 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
F 7:30 A.M. -4:30 P.M.