- Who We Are
Empower every student to grow and advocate for their community!
Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College is a student led organization, which strives to enrich student success through leadership development and personal growth opportunities. We unite, motivate, and empower our students and community while fostering and promoting advocacy for the student body.
Associated Students supports the development of the student body through the following priorities:
- Co-Curricular Engagement
- Leadership Development
- Retention & Transfer
- Recognition of Service
- Civic Engagement & Advocacy
- Fee Information
Student Activities Fee
What is the Student Activities Fee? - The $11 Student Activity Fee allows your student government to provide scholarships, leadership opportunities, cultural events, discounted tickets, funding for student events and many other co-curricular programs and services for students. Some of the benefits students receive by paying the Student Activities Fee are:
- Free admission & free food at all A.S. events throughout the semester: A.S. Visibility, Athletics Fair, Finals Frenzy, New Student Welcome, & Pizza with the President, & more!
- Free trips to universities tours
- Free access to check-out games and equipment in the Student Life Center
- Eligibility to apply for A.S. scholarships
- Eligibility to purchase Discounted tickets (available at the BookRac-Mid September 2021)
- Eligibility to apply for Leadership Conferences
- Eligibility to vote in Mt. SAC Student Body Elections & hold an A.S. Officer position
- Eligibility to hold an officer position in a campus club
Student Representation Fee - $2 per semester (Fall/Spring)
The $2 Student Representation Fee, mandated by Assembly Bill (AB) 1504, provides support for student government representatives who may be presenting positions and viewpoints to representatives, offices, and agencies of local, district, and state governments.
The fee is divided, with $1 going to the Associated Students of Mt. San Antonio College, and $1 for use by the Student Senate of the California Community Colleges (SSCCC). For example, this fee supports sending students to Sacramento or Washington, D.C. to advocate for solutions towards issues faced by California Community College students and lobby for adequate tuition and services. For more information about this fee visit our FAQ.
Apply to be a Senator or Student Court Justice Today!
Applications Due May 9, 2022
Please review the Organizational Directive for Senator position descriptions. In addition to A.S. Officer eligibility requirements, Senators must be available every Tuesday and Thursday from 3pm - 5pm during both semesters (Fall and Spring) plus additional mandatory trainings scheduled during the Summer and Winter intercessions. After applying, you will receive follow up email correspondence from the A.S. Administrative Specialist. Please note, attendance to a Senate interview via Zoom is mandatory. Interviews will be held on Tuesday, May 17th, 2021, and Thursday, May 19th, 2021, at the Senate Meetings from 3pm - 4:30pm.
The following positions are available for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Activities #1
- Activities #2
- Campus Community
- Cross Cultural
- Faculty Relations
- Inter Club Council
- Student Services
Please review the Judicial Directive for the Justice position description. In addition to A.S. Officer eligibility requirements, Justices must be available every Wednesday from 11 am to 2 pm plus additional mandatory trainings scheduled during the Summer and Winter intercessions.
- Who We Are
Inspiring Women Nominations
Nomination for the 2022, Inspiring Women are closed. This year's theme is, "Providing Healing, Promoting Hope," themes are selected by the National Women's History Alliance. Please stay tuned for the announcement of this year's recipients.
- Pizza with the President
Are you wanting to meet the CEO/President of Mt. SAC? Aside from Dr. Scroggins office hours, he and Associated Students host a lunch event where a small group of students can meet him in a smaller more relaxed setting. Get to know more about Dr. Scroggin's leadership journey and have the ability to ask him about college related issues.
Space is limited! Use the link above and complete the reservation and to view upcoming dates and times.
Educators of Distinction Nominations
Nominations due Friday, April 1st
An Educator of Distinction is a Mt. SAC faculty, staff, or manager nominated by a student who believes this person has made a positive impact on their education, provided influence in their lives, and motivated them to realize their goals.
Selected Educators of Distinction will be honored at the Students & Educators of Distinction Ceremony on Saturday, May 14, 2022.
If you would like to nominate an educator, please use the link below.
Mt. SAC's Got Talent
Our second season of Mt. SAC's Got Talent will be on May 18th at noon via Zoom. Log in, and watch your fellow students perform and watch guest judges commentary and reactions to the performances. Audience members will vote for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place recipients. Audience members will also receive a spirit pack via mail or pick up. Register below for the event!
Want to be a contestant?
Please read through and ensure you are able to follow these guidelines:
- Original talents may include (but not limited to) singing, dancing, musicians, jugglers, magicians, etc. NO LIP SINGING (unless it is part of a theatrical performance)
- Sample recording must be 1 minute maximum
- All performances will be screened for appropriateness by the Talent Show Committee. Absolutely no profanity, violence or insensitive subject matter will be permitted. The Talent Show Committee reserves the right to disqualify any acts that contain inappropriate material.
- Must abide by Mt. SAC student standard of conduct (CLICK HERE TO VIEW)
- Make sure video and sound quality are clear
- Sample submissions due no later than Friday, April 1, 2022 to Jessica Valdez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The talent show committee will select the top submissions. These performances will be showcased at the Mt. SAC Talent Show via Zoom on Wednesday May 18th at noon. Audience members will select the winners.
1st Place: $300 Prize Package
2nd Place: $200 Prize Package
3rd Place: $100 Prize Package
*Please note ONLY registered Mt. SAC students are eligible for prizes
Please email Jessica Valdez (email@example.com) with any questions. We look forward to your submission.
The Mt. SAC Talent Show Committee
- Inspiring Women Nominations Nominations Closed
Get Engaged. Build Community.
Associated Students conduct a series of public meetings. Please join us at one of the meetings below. Agendas are posted and you are more than welcomed to attend and speak during open forum/public comment.,please inform the chair of each meeting that you would like to speak.