Associated Students Executive Board
The Executive Board consists of the A.S. President, A.S. Vice President, two (2) Senate Chairs, and two (2) ICC Co-Chairs. Associated Students Officers have voting powers. The Student Trustee and ICC Secretary serve as a non-voting member.
Responsibilities of the Executive Board
Act upon all legislation forwarded by the Senate.
- Act upon all legislation forwarded by the Senate.
- Establish committees, commissions and boards as deemed necessary to conduct A.S. business.
- Adjourn into executive session in compliance with the Ralph M. Brown Act or any related State legislation pertaining to executive sessions.
- Ratify or veto all Senate and Presidential appointments.
- Ratify or veto all Senate legislation as defined in the Organizational Directive. In a case, where an item failed to be ratified during Executive Board, the legislation goes back to the Senate for further discussion.
- Adopt penalties related to the attendance, involvement, performance of duties, and professionalism of all officers of this Association.
- Run for office during a general elections process, held every April. Elected officers take office July 1st
- Must be available every Tuesday and Thursday 3:00pm – 5:30pm
- Have completed one (1) semester at Mt. SAC and 6 graded units with a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in at least 5 units and maintain a 2.0 semester GPA
- Pay the Student Activities Fee of $11.00 each semester
- Have no discipline record on file with the college
- Complete an Executive Board application
For additional detailed information please review the Organizational Directive in Governing Documents.
If you would like to apply for any of the positions above, please visit Applications & Forms