The Mt. SAC Legacy Leaders Program is a monthly program dedicated to honoring students who have made a significant impact on their community by demonstrating exemplary leadership skills, such as responsibility, inclusion, advocacy, and engagement. Students will be recognized in the following months: September, October, November, December, March, April, May, June. The Legacy Leaders Award was started in Spring of 2023 by the Student Life Office, sponsored by the Associated Students.
Students can be nominated via the online nomination form that will be open to all Mt. SAC Employees* during the first two (2) weeks of the month. Candidate information will be compiled and screened for eligibility. The Legacy Leaders Committee will review all nominations and rate each student according to a predetermined criteria. Based on scoring, the Legacy Leaders Committee will then select one (1) Legacy Leader Recipient per month.
Selected recipients will receive a Framed Certificate, Lapel Pin, & a Padfolio with a Legacy Leaders pen.
The awards are sponsored by the Associated Students.
*Mt. SAC Employees are defined as Staff, Faculty, & Managers. Students may not nominate themselves or other students.
Verified by the Student Life Office
- Students must pay the Student Activities Fee each semester
- Students must be currently enrolled
- Students must be in good academic standing
- Students are ineligible if a Mt. SAC conduct files exists, unless it has been sealed
- Students previously nominated but not selected, will be considered in the following month
- Selected recipients may receive this award every two (2) academic years through the nomination process
Criteria subject to change
If you have any questions, please contact Gabi Quiroz at firstname.lastname@example.org