Virtual Summer Programs
Experience amazing activities while making new friends. Enhance your English language skills and be better prepared to succeed academically.
Summer Institute is FREE for currently enrolled international students attending Mt. SAC in Fall 2020 or deferred to Spring 2021.
Summer Pathways is FREE for international students who are considering attending a University in
the United States and have at least 2 years of English language experience (equivalent score of 60 on Duolingo,
take a practice test here). Summer Pathways will provide participants with the opportunity to meet with current
international students and take part in interactive workshops that will help students
be better prepared to succeed in a University.
SUMMER INSTITUTE: July 27-August 6, 2020
Monday - Thursday from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm (PST) held via Zoom
SUMMER PATHWAYS: August 10-August 14, 2020
Monday - Friday from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (PST) held via Zoom. Each day starts with an interactive ice breaker hosted by our Student Global Leaders, followed by a fun and informative workshop. See our workshop schedule below. Download the flyer HERE.
- Monday: F-1 Student Panel - Get ready for an amazing week. Let's start off by meeting your Global Leaders, Q&A with current university students, and how learn to create a college education plan with our College Counselor Allen Wang.
- Tuesday: Comedy Workshop - Communication is your key to success. Let's learn about communication, American style through comedy.
- Wednesday: Fitness Fun Workshop - Did you know that physical education is a college course you need in order to transfer to a UC or CSU? See what an actual college course is like by joining us for our Fitness Fun Workshop.
- Thursday: Workshop to be determined
- Friday: Workshop to be determined
Feedback from student alumni:
“First, I enjoyed Summer Institute because I got to make friends. I am more aware of the campus resources. It taught me about American lifestyle and the education system. Most importantly, I felt like it was a time to relax and have fun rather than studying and being stressed out.”
“Not only did I get to practice my English language, but I met many friends. Workshops, field trips are full of fun. Best part is everything is free!”
“It is a great chance for new incoming international students to get to know each other and also know the professors and campus. They also have a chance to talk with other students to get some tips on how to be successful in college. It is also a chance for people to learn by playing. It is very helpful.”