Student Health Insurance
You Are Automatically Enrolled into Student Insurance Upon Registration!
F-1 students whose I-20 has been issued by Mt. San Antonio College are REQUIRED to have MAJOR MEDICAL Health COVERAGE (Offered through Student Insurance) while attending Mt. San Antonio College. The cost is $507.50 per SIX Months. Those students beginning courses in Summer, the initial cost is $169.17. International students will automatically be enrolled into Student Insurance health plan. Upon course registration, an Insurance Fee of $507.50 will appear on your tuition billing statement.
THE CURRENT COVERAGE DATES/ COSTS
Fall/Winter: August 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020 (Cost = $507.50)
Spring/Summer: February 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020 (Cost = $507.50)
Summer: June 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020 (Cost = $169.17)
Your Must Print Your Health ID Card
- Go to hyperlink: http://www.studentinsuranceusa.com
- Scroll to the bottom of the home page and click on "International Policies" then click on Mt. SAC Logo
- You will be directed to the Mt. San Antonio College Welcome Page where you can download all insurance information.
- Select, "Print your ID card."
- You will be re-directed to the SMIC Student Insurance Page.
- Enter your Student ID number (replace the A with a 0), and your birth date. Example May 1, 1980 is: 05011980
- Click Submit. Then click on the “Print ID card.”
- For any assistance, please call Student Insurance at 800-367-5830 or 310-826-5688
Health Insurance Waiver Request
CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
Health Insurance Waiver Applications will be considered or granted only to those individuals
• Concurrently Enrolled (If your I-20 has been issued by another college but are taking courses at Mt. SAC),
• Foreign Government Sponsorship, or
• Special Extenuating Circumstances determined on a case-by-case basis.
HOW CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
STEP 1) Download & Complete the Health Insurance Waiver Application: HealthInsuranceWaiverForm.pdf
STEP 2) Attach a copy of:
(1) Summary of Health Benefits from your health insurance provider
(2) Insurance Card: including student name on policy and eligibility dates
(4) Proof of Government Sponsorship (if applicable)
STEP 3) Submit the Health Insurance Waiver Application and supporting documents to the International Student Program located in Building 9B, or by email to F1Visa@mtsac.edu, Subject: INSURANCE.
STEP 4) Waiver Submission Date: Health Insurance Waivers must be received by the International Student Program no later than 7 business days prior to the last day to drop courses.