Student Health Insurance
You Are Automatically Enrolled into Student Insurance Upon Registration!
F-1 students whose I-20 has been issued by Mt. San Antonio College are REQUIRED to have MAJOR MEDICAL Health COVERAGE (Offered through Student Insurance) while attending Mt. San Antonio College. The cost is $636.00 per SIX Months. Those students beginning courses in Summer, the initial cost is $212.00. International students will automatically be enrolled into Student Insurance health plan. Upon course registration, an Insurance Fee of $636.00 will appear on your tuition billing statement.
THE CURRENT COVERAGE DATES/ COSTS
Fall/Winter: August 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020 (Cost = $636.00)
Spring/Summer: February 1, 2020 – July 31, 2020 (Cost = $636.00)
Summer: June 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020 (Cost = $212.00)
You Must Print Your Health ID Card
Print ID Card Step-By-Step Instructions: Student Insurance is updating their website. If you need to download your insurance card, please click on Print Student Insurance Card below and follow step 6 when for your username and password.
- Go to hyperlink: http://www.studentinsuranceusa.com
- Scroll to the middle of the home page and click and select Mt. San Antonio College from the drop down list.
- Select “View” and then “View” again
- Once on the Mt. SAC page, select “Print your ID Card”
- Once on the secure.healthx website, select “Register Now”
- Three pieces of information will be requested: Your member ID (This is your Mt. SAC
student ID with the ‘A’
replaced as a zero (0) and “‐01” added to the end ), the zip code of where you are living in the US, and Your date of birth in MM/DD/YYYY format.
- Click Submit. Then click on the “Print or request an ID card.”
- For any assistance, please call Student Insurance at 310-826-5688 or email
Health Insurance Waiver Request
CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
Health Insurance Waiver Applications will be considered or granted only to those individuals
• Concurrently Enrolled (If your I-20 has been issued by another college but are taking courses at Mt. SAC),
• Foreign Government Sponsorship, or
• Special Extenuating Circumstances determined on a case-by-case basis.
HOW CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
STEP 1) Download & Complete the Health Insurance Waiver Application: HealthInsuranceWaiverForm.pdf
STEP 2) Attach a copy of:
(1) Summary of Health Benefits from your health insurance provider
(2) Insurance Card: including student name on policy and eligibility dates
(4) Proof of Government Sponsorship (if applicable) (5) If you are out of the country, please submit a current I-94
STEP 3) Submit the Health Insurance Waiver Application and supporting documents to the International Student Program located in Building 9B, or by email to F1Visa@mtsac.edu, Subject: INSURANCE.
STEP 4) Waiver Submission Date: Health Insurance Waivers must be received by the International Student Program no later than 7 business days after the start of the semester.