Student Health Insurance
You Are Automatically Enrolled into Student Insurance Upon Registration!
F-1 students whose I-20 has been issued by Mt. San Antonio College are REQUIRED to have MAJOR MEDICAL Health COVERAGE (Offered through LewerMark Student Insurance) while attending Mt. San Antonio College. The cost is $625.26 per SIX Months. Those students beginning courses in Summer, the initial cost is $212.00. International students will automatically be enrolled into Student Insurance health plan. Upon course registration, an Insurance Fee of $625.26 will appear on your tuition billing statement.
THE CURRENT COVERAGE DATES/ COSTS
Fall/Winter: August 1, 2020 – January 31, 2021 (Cost = $625.26)
Spring/Summer: February 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021 (Cost = $625.26)
Summer: June 1, 2021 - July 31, 2021 (Cost = $212.00)
You Must Print Your Health ID Card
Print your LewerMark Student Insurance Card
- Visit http://www.lewermark.com/
- Select Student Login in the upper right hand corner of your screen
- Username is your Mt. SAC student ID number without the A (example 01234567)
- Password is your birthdate entered as MMDDYYYY (example 01012021)
- You will be asked to create a password, security question/answer, and provide an email address
- In the upper left hand corner you will see 3 lines stacked. Please click the three lines to view your ID card
- After viewing your Online ID Card, please save a copy on your phone by screenshot or sending yourself an email with your ID card as a PDF.
- If you run into any issues, you can use the chat option on the LewerMark website. A real staff member at LewerMark will be able to answer your questions or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Insurance Waiver Request
CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
Health Insurance Waiver Applications will be considered or granted only to those individuals
• Concurrently Enrolled (If your I-20 has been issued by another college but are taking courses at Mt. SAC),
• Foreign Government Sponsorship, or
• Special Extenuating Circumstances determined on a case-by-case basis.
HOW CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
STEP 1) Download & Complete the Health Insurance Waiver Application: HealthInsuranceWaiverForm.pdf
STEP 2) Attach a copy of:
(1) Summary of Health Benefits from your health insurance provider
(2) Insurance Card: including student name on policy and eligibility dates
(4) Proof of Government Sponsorship (if applicable) (5) If you are out of the country, please submit a current I-94
STEP 3) Submit the Health Insurance Waiver Application and supporting documents to the International Student Program located in Building 9B, or by email to F1Visa@mtsac.edu, Subject: INSURANCE.
STEP 4) Waiver Submission Date: Health Insurance Waivers must be received by the International Student Program no later than 7 business days after the start of the semester.