Mt. San Antonio College offers a competitive and excellent benefits package providing medical, dental, and vision benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Lifetime medical benefits are also available for eligible employees. Life insurance coverage of $75,000 is also provided for each eligible employee.
The District also offers a variety of voluntary supplemental plans such as:
- Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Care
- Section 125 - Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tax Shelter Annuities - 403(b)
All eligible employees are entitled to receive paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays. Supplemental life insurance for employee and/or dependents, income protection plans, tax shelter annuities, and payroll deductions to credit unions are available under Mt. San Antonio College voluntary payroll deductions.
For detailed benefits information please contact:
- Norma Vizcarra, Benefits Specialist (909) 274-5872 regarding full time Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and retirees
- Melissa Aguirre, Benefits Specialist (909) 274-5419 regarding Classified, Auxiliary, Confidential, Management, and retirees
SISC Health Members
On January 10th, the Biden Administration announced that it will require insurance companies and group health plans to cover the cost of at-home COVID-19 tests for the remainder of the public health emergency. Effective January 15, 2022, the SISC health plans are covering over-the-counter (OTC) FDA authorized COVID-19 tests purchased for personal use. The OTC COVID-19 test kits will be covered at a reimbursement rate of up to $12 per test, with a limit of eight tests per covered individual every 30 days.
SISC Blue Shield Members:
- Navitus Health Solutions will be providing reimbursement through the SISC pharmacy benefit. The Direct Member Reimbursement (DMR) form and instructions are available at https://www.navitus.com/Navitus.Web/media/pdf/OTC-Covid-19-At-Home-Test-Claim-Form.pdf
- Demand for test kits has soared. There will likely be shortages of test kits available for purchase at pharmacies.
- If a network pharmacy happens to have test kits available, then members may get their test kits at the pharmacy counter with no out-of-pocket costs at the point of sale.
SISC Kaiser Permanente Members:
- Kaiser Permanente will reimburse members for FDA-approved rapid antigen home tests purchased on or after January 15th. Members may log into their KP.org account and submit a reimbursement claim here: KP Member Reimbursement.
- Kaiser Permanente, like other health care organizations, has access to a very limited supply of tests. As the supply of tests increases, Kaiser Permanente is working to make them available to their members through a number of outlets, including mail-order. Visit kp.org/coronavirus for the most up-to-date information on supply, testing, and vaccinations.
Due to likely shortages of test kits available for purchase, we want to make members aware of other ways to get FDA-approved rapid antigen home tests:
- Every home in the US is eligible to order 4 free at-home COVID-19 tests delivered to their home. Visit https://www.covidtests.gov/ for more information and to order tests.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is providing up to 50 million free, at-home tests to community health centers and Medicare-certified clinics for distribution at no cost to patients and community members. A list of community-based sites that provide low or no-cost testing can be found here: https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/community-based-testing-sites/index.html
Additional information regarding federal government support for school-based COVID testing can be found here: Testing in Schools Fact Sheet Jan 2022.