Please click on the corresponding link to view information regarding open enrollment benefit options for the 2023-2024 plan year.
Should you choose to make changes for the new plan year, you may log into your American Fidelity account to self-enroll (see Self-Enrollment Instructions under your classification) or schedule an appointment with American Fidelity by calling 1-800-365-9180, ext. 0.
The 2024 Faculty Open Enrollment period is now available for enrollment and plan changes through October 13, 2023!
We are committed to providing you with benefits that promote your health and well-being as part of your compensation package as well as making the process as easy as possible for you. Mt. SAC continues to partner with American Fidelity, the District’s Section 125 provider, to offer you a web-based enrollment system that will streamline your benefits selection. Should you choose to make changes for the new plan year 2024, you may log-in to your American Fidelity account (instructions attached) and self-enroll or meet with an American Fidelity benefit counselor to complete your enrollment.
During your voluntary one-on-one appointment, American Fidelity will review the following:
- Review CalPERS medical plan changes and 2024 CalPERS Rates as well as all other health and welfare options. 2024 CalPERS Rates
- Section 125: As a reminder, Section 125 is an employer sponsored plan that allows you to set aside pre-tax funds for qualified medical, dental, and vision expenses. Additionally, you are eligible to set aside pre-tax funds for dependent care expenses. If you would like to re-enroll you are required to meet with an American Fidelity benefit counselor
- Voluntary Coverage: Review any additional voluntary coverages that may be of benefit to you and your family. There is no obligation to enroll in additional voluntary coverage.  If you wish to re-enroll you are required to meet with an American Fidelity counselor.
- Opt-Out: If you are currently opting out of medical coverage, you will receive supplemental communication from your Human Resources Benefits team to re-certify your medical coverage for the upcoming plan year. Changes to other enrolled benefits can be made through the Benefits Open Enrollment Online Platform.
The enrollment begins on July 24th, 2023 - October 13, 2023. Appointments can be scheduled online at https://enroll.americanfidelity.com/DFAFF435 or by calling American Fidelity at 1-800-365-9180, ext. 0
Mt. SAC currently uses the online AFenroll benefits platform for managing health coverage changes and processing Open Enrollment each year. Employees access the system directly or meet with an American Fidelity representative to process changes. We ask that employees needing to make health plan changes use ONLY the online AFenroll benefits site or contact Human Resources. Please DO NOT make changes using the CalPERS website at any point during the year.
Unfortunately, CalPERS does not presently have a way to turn off this feature. We have been asked to remind employees to continue using only the AFenroll benefits platform when reporting health coverage changes. If you have any additional questions about the plan designs for our medical/dental/vision coverage, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. CalPERS rates for 2024 are posted at https://www.mtsac.edu/hr/open_enrollment.html.
How to Enroll
Visit the Enrollment Website to schedule a meeting with an American Fidelity representative or to self-enroll.
Medical Benefit Summaries:
- Anthem HMO Select
- Anthem HMO Traditional
- Blue Shield A+ (Pending – not available on CalPERS website)
- Blue Shield Trio (Pending – not available on CalPERS website)
- Health Net Salud Y Mas
- Sharp (Pending – not available on CalPERS website)
- United Healthcare Alliance
- United Healthcare Harmony
A formal notice will be sent to full-time benefit-eligible faculty with a form link and instructions on how to opt out of health insurance.
The deadline to submit the form is October 31. Once your submission has been reviewed and processed, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow 2-4 weeks processing time from the date of your submission.