Mamava ADA Pod
Resources for Lactating and Breastfeeding Parents
Mt. SAC is committed to serving faculty, staff, and students who need to either breastfeed or express milk on campus during hours of operation. Mt. SAC provides lactation rooms and suites in close proximity to classrooms and work spaces, and adequate break time for students and employees to breastfeed or express milk. Information is available to students and employees regarding their rights and locations of lactation suites.
Lactation Room Locations:
Lactation rooms are private spaces on campus that can be used by breastfeeding or lactating students and employees shielded from the view of co-workers, classmates, and the public. Lactation rooms are sanitary, not in a restroom or toilet stall, equipped with a seat and table, and supplied with electrical outlets and a nearby sink.
We kindly ask that you:
- Clean-up any drips or spills.
- Remove all trash and deposit in receptacle after use.
- Save diaper changes for the restroom. See posted signs for nearest location.
- Lactation Rooms are for pumping or breastfeeding only.
- Be considerate of the amount of time spent using the suite; others may be waiting.
Please note that nursing parents are expected to make their own arrangements for refrigeration, including sealed containers and proper storage. Mt. SAC is not responsible for the integrity or security of breast milk stored in any refrigerator on campus and does not guarantee the safety of any storage method used.
Access to on-campus facilities are limited due to COVID-19 restrictions, for more information please contact the Office of Title IX & EEO Programs at (909) 274-5249.
Building 4 | 1480A
(inside employee break room)
- Appointment preferred, call (909) 274-4225
- Walk-ins welcome Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM*
- Check in at the front desk of Human Resources (Room 1460) during business hours and inquire with front desk staff whether or not the room is occupied
- After hours (5:00 PM – 9:30 PM) contact Campus Safety at (909) 274-4555
Student Health Center
- Appointment preferred, call (909) 274-4400
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM; Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM*
Building 6 | 2-Mech-1
- Walk-ins welcome
- No check in needed
- Available during Library hours of operation*
Business & Computer Technology
Building 77 | 2030A
- Walk-ins welcome
- Check-in at the Business Division front desk during the following hours and check-in through the Computer Lab in the evening.
- Business Division Office: 77-2000. Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM*
- Computer Lab: 77-2010. Monday – Thursday: 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM*
Mamava Lactation Suite Locations:
Each Lactation Suite locks securely from the inside, is brightly lit, and comes equipped with seating, counter, and both USB and electrical outlets. They are also Americans with Disabilities Act compliant and accommodate wheelchairs.
The suite’s smart entry system unlocks the suite with an app on your smart phone.
- Download the Mamava App to access the Mamava Lactation Suites at https://www.mamava.com/mobile-app.
- If you don’t have a smart phone, for access, please contact Human Resources at (909) 274-4225.
- Building 9C
- Building 61
- Building 80
Adequate Break Time and Accommodations:
Adequate break time for breastfeeding or lactating employees will be provided and should accommodate the time to walk to and from the lactation station as well as retrieve, set up, wash, and clean a pump or other supplies for breastfeeding, expressing or storing milk. Requests should be made to supervisors for adequate break time. For more information regarding employee reasonable accommodations, contact Human Resources at (909) 274-4225.
While students should breastfeed or pump between classes if possible, reasonable academic accommodations will be provided to ensure that students do not incur an academic penalty due to breastfeeding or expressing milk. Requests for reasonable academic accommodations can be made to the Accessibility Resource Centers (ACCESS) at (909) 274-4290, or the Office of Title IX & EEO Programs at (909) 274-4225.
To request cleaning of a lactation suite, please contact Custodial Services at (909) 274-4850. To report an immediate safety or security concern, please contact Mt. San Antonio College Police and Campus Safety at (909) 274-4555. For emergencies, call 911.
Support for Lactating and Breastfeeding Parents:
Mt. SAC also recognizes that parents have the right to breastfeed wherever children are allowed to be on campus. Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation against lactating parents is a violation of Mt. SAC’s policies. To inquire about this or make a complaint, students and employees may contact the Title IX Coordinator, Sokha Song via email at firstname.lastname@example.org phone at (909) 274-4225.
Additional Resources for Lactating and Breastfeeding Parents:
- US Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health - Breastfeeding Resources
- Breastfeed LA
- California WIC (Women, Infants & Children)
California State Law and Regulations Regarding Breastfeeding:
Under California Civil Code § 43.3, a mother may breastfeed their child in a location, public or private, where the mother and child are authorized to be present.
California Labor Code § 1030 states every employer shall provide reasonable lactation breaks and California Labor Code § 1031 requires employers to make reasonable efforts to provide employees with lactation rooms.
California Education Code 66271.9 states that California Community Colleges shall provide reasonable accommodations on their respective campuses for a lactating student to express breast milk, breast-feed an infant child, or address other needs related to breast-feeding. Students shall not incur an academic penalty as a result of their use of the reasonable accommodations listed above, and shall be provided the opportunity to make up any work missed due to such use.
California Labor Code § 1030 - 1031 and California Education Code 66271.9 do not infringe on any right to breastfeed in public pursuant to California Civil Code § 43.3.