Federal Work Study (FWS) Program
The Federal Work Study (FWS) program provides part-time jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money while pursuing their education. The program encourages community service work and work related to the student's course of study. Since FWS is federally funded, students must meet eligibility criteria.
Federal Work Study is awarded to qualified students through the Financial Aid Office. You will be notified, through your My Mt. SAC Portal, if you qualify for work-study after you complete your FAFSA.
How do I become a Federal Work Study student?
Federal Work Study Eligibility
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student aid (FAFSA) and check the "interested in work-study" box.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Enroll and stay enrolled in a minimum of 6 units for Fall and Spring terms.
- Show enough unmet need.
- Be in good financial aid standing.
- Have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant
Federal Work Study Benefits
- Access to on-campus jobs
- Flexible schedule
- Gain valuable work experience
- Earn money
- Build your network and obtain potential references
How to Guides
- How to check if Federal Work Study (FWS) was awarded
- How to accept your FWS award
- How to access your FWS paystub
- How to find your W-2 (student employees only)
- How to access your time sheet
- How to search for a FWS job