Ask Joe

Loan Information

The US Department of Education requires new student loan borrowers to complete Loan Entrance Counseling.

In order to attend apply for a Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan, a student must:

Be advised that you will not be given the Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan Application if you do not meet the requirements listed above. No exceptions.

Note: Should you decide to request a student loan OR Parent PLUS loan you will need to submit the following with your application:

  • Current and Comprehensive/Full Educational Plan signed by an Educational Counselor or Advisor (Assessment Questionnaire (AQ)/Assessment Test must be taken)
  • Copy of State issued I.D. or Driver's License and Social Security Card
  • Copy of proof of completion of online Entrance Counseling

The Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan applications can only be obtained by calling our Financial Aid Office at (909) 274-4450. Please note our Office Hours as they may change without notice.

  • What is a Loan?
  • A Minute to Learn It - Borrowing Student Loans

  • How Do I Apply for Federal Loans?
  • Federal Direct Student Loan Limits