Loan Information Sessions
The US Department of Education requires new student loan borrowers to complete Loan Entrance Counseling. In this session students will understand their rights and responsibilities as a loan borrower. You will receive year-specific information on interest rates, loan-repayment options and the consequences of default. This workshop will also provide you with the required facts about Federal Direct Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) and Parent PLUS loans.
Items to be covered:
- Facts about Federal Loans
- Loan Fees/Interest Rate/Repayment
- Master Promissory Note (MPN)/Borrower Rights and Responsibilities
- Institutional Loan Request Application process
Loan documents will be distributed and the institutional process will be explained.
In order to attend the Loan Information Session the student must:
- Complete the FAFSA
- Meet basic student eligibility criteria (student loans)
- Meet general eligibility criteria (parent loans)
- Complete all pending financial aid requirements (if applicable)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
Be advised that you will not be allowed to sign up to attend a Loan Information Session if you do not meet the requirements listed above. No exceptions.
Note: Should you decide to request a student loan OR Parent PLUS loan you will need to submit the following with your request:
- Current and Comprehensive/Full Educational Plan signed by an Educational Counselor or Advisor (Assessment Questionnaire (AQ)/Assessment Test must be taken)
- Copy of State issued I.D. or Driver's License and Social Security Card
- Copy of proof of completion of online Entrance and online Financial Awareness Counseling
Please call the Financial Aid Office at (909) 274-4450, to inquire if you are cleared to sign up to attend the loan information session. Be advised that you will not be allowed to sign up to attend a loan information session if you do not meet the requirements listed above. No exceptions will be made.
Loan Information Session Dates
(Dates and times are subject to change with notice)
|FALL SEMESTER 2019||SPRING SEMESTER 2020|
|Monday, August 19, 2019 at 11:30 AM||Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 3:30 PM|
|Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 11:30 AM & 5:30 PM||Monday, February 24, 2020 at 11:00 AM|
|Thursday, September 5, 2019 at 3:30 PM||Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 3:30 PM|
|Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 11:00 AM||Monday, March 16, 2020 at 1:30 PM|
|Friday, September 20, 2019 at 1:00 PM||Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 3:30 PM|
|Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 5:30 PM||Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 12:30 PM||Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 11:00 AM|
|Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 11:00 AM||Tuesday, April 7, 2020 at 3:30 PM|
|Monday, October 14, 2019 at 3:30 PM||Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 1:30 PM|
|Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 1:00 PM||Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 5:30 PM|
- What is a Loan?
- A Minute to Learn It - Borrowing Student Loans
- How Do I Apply for Federal Loans?
- Federal Direct Student Loan Limits