ABE Learning Center Guidelines
Monday thru Thursday 8:00am - 8:00 pm*
Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm*
*Hours and days may vary in summer or intersessions
Book/Material Loan Policy
- Students are welcome to borrow the necessary books, headphones, and CDs only while
in the learning center. No materials may be removed from the center.
- Current Mt. SAC identification, valid California Driver’s License OR California ID
is required to borrow materials in the center.
- All cell phones and pagers need to be turned off at all times while in class.
- Students may not eat or drink inside the classroom. Water is an exception unless the
student is working at a computer station.
- Out of respect for fellow classmates, students should maintain appropriate silence
while in the center. In addition, students should refrain from interrupting staff
or other students during class or lab time.
As previously stated, your educational progress is important to the staff at the Adult
Basic Education Learning Center. For this reason, we will make every attempt to assist
you in structuring your educational plan or study.
- Students are expected to make educational progress as determined by the instructor
- Each HSE, ASVAB, and ABE student will be given an Individual Education Plan that outlines
the specific academic goals and plan of action.
- Students enrolled in computer training or career development (i.e., job search, resume
preparation, keyboarding, typing test certification, etc.) are expected demonstrate
progress while in attendance.
- Instructor will monitor educational progress.
- If a student is not making educational progress, the student will be referred to a
counselor to discuss barriers to progress.
Computer and Equipment Usage
Students may utilize computers and equipment at no charge. Please assist the lab in
maintaining the equipment in the best possible condition. The following applies to
usage of the equipment and software in the center:
- Internet usage is for educational purposes ONLY.
- Forums, music videos, or other inappropriate sites are NOT to be accessed.
- Offensive materials either on disk or the Internet are not allowed in the center.
- Students may print ONE copy of their document. Excessive printing will result in the loss of this privilege.