Counseling & Advising Services
The Adult Basic Education program helps students succeed in their educational and professional goals by offering comprehensive supportive services. The professional staff is dedicated to meeting students' needs, including mentoring, educational advisement, counseling, and tutoring.
Counselors provide personal, educational, and academic guidance to help students achieve success in the classroom. Counselors monitor student progress and provide appropriate interventions as needed, such as assistance in planning the completion of high school credits, selecting appropriate college/credit classes, or providing referrals to campus support services and community agencies. Counselors also encourage students to continue their education beyond the Adult High School Diploma and HSE programs and, in so doing, provide a supportive bridge to the college campus.
The ABE Program provides the following services to support its students' career and educational goals:
- Career Days and College Days
- Weekly orientations for new students
- Academic intervention for students in need of additional educational resources
- Development of educational plans to meet students' individual short-term and long-term goals
- Assistance with matriculation into credit programs
- A career center that is available for students to conduct career research and to explore educational options
To make an appointment with a counselor, please call (909) 274-4937.
Career Development Services
- Internet, personality, values, and abilities assessment to aid you in achieving your educational and occupational goals
- Career/vocational counseling services to help you interpret and understand your assessment results and guide you in making an appropriate educational and career choice
- Employment Skills Training
- Personal Development Workshops
- Materials and resources at the Career Center to help the students research their goals