English as a Second Language (ESL)
At Mt. SAC, we want to help you learn English effectively and quickly. Here are a few reasons why you should take ESL at Mt. SAC:
Wide range of classes in the morning and evening
- 8 Levels of ESL
- 4 Levels of speaking and writing
- Vocational ESL (VESL)
Highly qualified teachers
Additional programs to help you learn
- Conversational practice
- Job training
Practice on your own using computers in the Language Learning Center (LLC)
Students who complete noncredit ESL may enter Mt. SAC's CREDIT ESL program: American Language (AMLA) after levels, 4, 5, 6 or VESL.
- Do you want to take classes?
Contact ESL Registration for:
- Do you want to learn about VESL?
Contact VESL Program for:
- VESL program information
- Enroll in VESL classes
- Do you want to talk to a counselor?
Contact ESL Counselors for:
- Academic, career, and personal counseling
- Educational plans and career goals
- Educational resources
- Do you need help with technology?
Contact ESL Student Help Desk for:
- Help with Kahoot, Canvas, Quizlet, and other apps.
- Help with your Mt. SAC Portal
- Help with computer and devices
- Self-Care to Manage Stress: September 24 @ 2pm (online workshop)
Applying to College Workshop: October 6 @ 1pm (online workshop)
- Transitioning to STV Programs: November 19 @ 1:30 pm (online workshop) Learn about Short-Term Vocational (STV) Programs
and have your questions answered. For students in Level 5, 6, and VESL. Additional
details coming soon.
|Jody Fernando||Director, English Language Learners|
ESL Registration Desk
NOTE: Services are being conducted remotely. If you need assistance, please call or email.
Mon/Tue/Thu : 8:30am-6:30pm
Building 66 - Language Center, First Floor
(909) 274-5235 or (909) 979-1552