Using the Portal
Your My Mt. SAC Portal houses all of the information you'll need to view your financial aid status and requirements. Follow the instructions below to use the My Mt. SAC Portal to access your financial aid information. If you're having trouble finding what you need, you can call the Financial Aid Office at (909) 274-4450.
Setting up the My Mt. SAC Portal (new students):
If you're a new student, you will need to set up your My Mt. SAC Portal before you can view your financial aid information. After your application is submitted [LINK TO STEPS TO APPLY], the Admissions Office will send you an email with instructions on how to setup your My Mt. SAC Portal. Once your portal is setup, you can follow the instructions below to check your financial aid status, manage your financial aid, or check on your requirements.
Managing and Checking your Financial Aid Status (all students):
- Log in to your My Mt. SAC Portal using your username and password
- Click on the “Financial Aid” tab (one of the grey tabs at the top of your screen)
- Click on “Check Financial Aid Requirements & Status.”* This will allow you to see:
- Satisfied Requirements: These are documents or actions you have already submitted and/or completed in the financial aid process.
- Unsatisfied requirements: These are documents needed to complete your file. You can submit any required documents in the drop box located next to counter number 1 of the Financial Aid Office on the 2nd floor of building 9B. Or, you can mail them to:
Mt. SAC Financial Aid Office
Student Services Building, 2nd Floor
1100 North Grand Ave.
Walnut, CA 91789
*If you do not see the option to "Check Financial Aid Requirements & Status," it is most likely because you have not applied for financial aid yet. Visit our Applying for Aid page [LINK TO APPLYING FOR AID] to learn more about how to apply for aid.
To View your Financial Aid Awards:
- Click on the “Awarded” link
- Click on the “Award Overview” tab to see all awards currently in your financial aid package
NOTE: The Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) is awarded to eligible students as soon as the FAFSA/CA Dream Act application is received. Eligibility for additional aid is determined when all outstanding requirements are completed.