Financial Aid

Online BOG Fee Waiver

The California Community College Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW) waives the enrollment fee and provides a reduced cost for health and parking fees. Students are responsible for paying any additional fees. This assistance is available to qualified California residents.


To successfully apply for the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver you must be a continuing student at Mt. SAC or have submitted an application for admission to Mt. SAC.

Apply to Mt. SAC       Apply for Fee Waiver


There are three methods by which students may qualify:

Method A:

A student is currently a recipient of funds from TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), SSI (Supplemental Security Income), or GA/GR (General Assistance/ General Relief), or, if a dependent, such funds are the sole source of income for the family.  Students must provide a current copy of their check or an Untaxed Income Verification form.

Method B:

Household size and annual family income. Colleges may ask students to provide documentation of income, such as a copy of their Federal Income Tax Return. Students are required to provide documentation if it is requested.

Method C:

A student has applied for other state/federal aid and has demonstrated $1,104 or more of financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Method C is the preferred method as most students that do not qualify for a fee waiver based on Methods A and B, do qualify when they file the FAFSA.

Students may apply for a BOGW at any point during the academic year. If students are determined eligible for a BOGW, it will be valid for the entire academic year. Students must reapply for a BOGW each year beginning with the summer term. 


NOTE: Since verification of eligibility may involve contact with other agencies, parental signature, or other documents, it is reasonable to expect that an application may not be completed on the same day it is submitted.