Basic Needs Assistance
Use this form to apply/request:
- Financial Emergency Grant Funds – one-time emergency grant due to a crisis/emergency situation.
- Housing Navigation Support – longer-term housing resource.
- Basic Needs Cards—Food, Gas, Hygiene or Clothing Gift Cards.
- Food Resources- CalFresh Application Assistance.
- Be an enrolled Mt. SAC student during the current academic year. Students in “active status” enrolling in the upcoming semester or session may be considered.
- Are part-time or full-time credit students or noncredit students*.
- Undocumented, DACA, and international students are eligible.
- Experiencing an unforeseen emergency/crisis that impacts student success such as:
- Displacement/homelessness: living in your automobile, living in a motel/hotel, shelter, streets, abandoned buildings, or temporarily staying with friends or family.
- An unexpected loss of job or income.
- An uninsured medical or dental emergency.
- Victim of a crime or accident.
- Committed to working on an action plan with the Basic Needs Resources Program.
* may not be eligible for all services