Mountie Fresh Food Pantry
Dear Mounties, The Mountie Fresh Basic Needs Resources team is closely monitoring and following all Mt. SAC directives regarding COVID-19. We will update our website as necessary based on those directives and its impact on our Mountie Fresh Basic Needs Resources including our Mountie Fresh Food Pantry. If you have any questions feel free to email Rigo Estrada at email@example.com
Mountie Fresh Drive-Thru Food Pantry Update! (4/6/20)
Due to the extremely strong response by Mt. SAC students who have expressed interest in the April 9, Drive-Thru Food Pantry, we have reached the anticipated capacity of food bags due to our limited food supply and to ensure COVID19-19 safety procedures.
For those who registered for the food pantry on Eventbrite, please note that registration does not guarantee a food bag. Food bags are available to students on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. And for the safety of students and workers at the event, social/physical distancing will be strictly enforced.
Students MUST bring their Mt. SAC Student ID card or they will be turned away. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Drive-Thru Mountie Fresh Food Pantry for MOUNTIES Only (currently enrolled students)!
We know that current times are tough and uncertain, so we hope to provide our Mounties with food resources during this time of need. In order to provide these resources to our students while practicing safety standards due to COVID-19, we will prepare the food bags for students to come and pick up through a Drive-Thru process. We will strictly enforce our policy for the food pantry service only to current Mt. SAC students.
- Date: Thursday, April 9, 2020
- Time: 10:00am-2:30pm (or while supplies last)
- Location: STAFF Parking Lot at Walnut Ave. (located behind the Health Careers Center, 67B). All vehicles must enter STAFF Parking Lot at Walnut Ave. off of Bonita Ave.
- Register on Eventbrite here.
Current MT. SAC ID Card is REQUIRED – NO EXCEPTIONS. Students without a Mt. SAC ID Card will be turned away. Please be prepared to show your MT. SAC ID card by holding it up against the closed car window when you are asked. This practice is essential to ensure limited resources are provided to Mt. SAC students and to ensure SAFETY for all.
Limit: One (1) Bag per Student.
****MANDATORY SOCIAL DISTANCING WILL BE ENFORCED****
While Mt. SAC strongly encourages everyone to arrive separately in a vehicle for your safety and ours, we understand some students may solely depend on public transportation.
For these students, we will offer a walk-up Grab and Go option. A Mandatory Social Distancing Line will be in effect, requiring each individual to stand a minimum of six (6) feet apart at all times. No exceptions will be made and will be strongly enforced by Mt. SAC staff.
The line for the Grab and Go option will form from Bonita Ave. and head to the side of the Student Health Center (67B) exiting towards the patio between building 67B and 66.
By registering to the Drive-Thru Mountie Fresh Food Pantry, you are acknowledging that you have read and understand the Mt. SAC liability waiver form below:
- MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM
I understand that food distributed by Mountie Fresh Food Pantry at the Mt. San Antonio College (Mt. SAC) may only be distributed to a currently registered Mt. SAC student. I also understand that the items from the pantry have been donated/received from various on and off campus food providers, and that none of the parties and/or groups involved in the program make any guarantees as to the quality of the food or its value for any particular purpose.
Some of the items distributed at the event may have surpassed their “Use-By” or “Best Before” consumption date. Please note the following:
- A “Sell-By” date tells the store how long to display the product for sale. [Consumers] should buy the product before the date expires
- A “Best if Used By (or Before)” date is recommended for best flavor or quality. It is not a purchase or safety date.
- A “Use-By” date is the last date recommended for the use of the product while at peak quality. The date has been determined by the manufacturer of the product.
I understand that the mobile pantry operates on limited funds and in support of others, and not as a service of Mt. San Antonio College. I will not abuse the services of the pantry and I will only request and take items that I reasonably expect myself and/or my dependents to use.
Pursuant to “Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act,” Release of Liability - Myself and family release Mt. SAC and the employees, officers, and its agents, and all on-and off-campus food providers from liability for all claims.
For the safety of all, students must abide by provided directives
- Wash your hands: keep hands clean with soap and water or hand sanitizers
- Don’t touch your face: Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth in case your hands are not clean
- Stay Home when Sick: stay home when you are sick and check with your healthcare provider if needed
- Social Distancing: Stand at least 6 feet away from each other in a safe and respectful manner
The Mountie Fresh Food Pantry serves students impacted by food insecurity, by providing
access to food and basic necessities and referrals to campus and community-based resources,
thereby maximizing student success.
The Mountie Fresh Food Pantry is available to all Mt. SAC students who feel they are in need. We define need as a situation where students are faced with financial challenges and would otherwise have no other resource to supplement their meals.
The Mountie Fresh Food Pantry is a customer-choice pantry where students are empowered to shop for what they need and want, in order to meet their dietary needs; which also eliminates food waste.
The Mountie Fresh Food Pantry is in partnership with Sowing Seeds for Life and LA Food Bank. The Spring Semester Hours of Operation are as follows
- Farmers-market style Food Pantry every second Tuesday of each month at Building 67A walkway from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. or until supplies last.
- In-store Food Pantry in 67A-103: 1st and 3rd weeks of the month
- Tuesdays: 10am-12pm & 4pm-6pm*
- Wednesdays: 3pm-6pm*
- Fridays: 11am-1pm*
Please note times are subject to change during finals week and intersession months.
* while supplies last ** Please bring your Mt. SAC Student ID
Mountie Fresh Food Pantry Volunteers
If you are a Faculty, Staff or student interested in supporting our Mountie Fresh Food Pantry by volunteering please register here. If you have any questions please contact Rigo Estrada at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-274-5099.