- Counseling: Our Counseling Department is here to help students throughout their time at Mt. SAC. Counselors can help you create an educational roadmap, prepare to transfer to a four-year college, or help you select the classes that will best meet your goals.
- Honors Program: The Mt. SAC Honors Program provides transferable general education courses that strengthen students' transcripts and increase their chances of getting into top-tier universities.
- Language Learning Center (LLC): The LLC offers a wide variety of language learning software, videos, DVDs, and recordings to help students improve listening, reading, and speaking skills in a new language.
- Academic Support and Achievement Center: Our Academic Support and Achievement Center is home to our tutoring programs, computer center, and testing services.
- Library: Our library, its resources, and its staff are great resources for students who are working on a paper, research project, need access to a computer, or just want a quiet place to study.
- Faculty Center for Learning Technology: The FCLT provides online tutoring and academic services for those students who participate in our Distance Learning program or find it convenient to conduct some of their tutoring and schoolwork online.
The CAMPIS grant provides FREE childcare tuition assistance from the Department of Education for low-income, Pell Grant recipients or Pell Grant eligible students.
- Only Mt. SAC students are eligible.
- Covers childcare for classes and study-time.
- Veterans of the Armed Forces and their immediate family members (spouse, children) receive priority consideration for this grant.
For more information, visit the Mt. SAC Child Development Center, Building 70, or call (909) 274-4920.
- Tutorial Services: Students can receive free tutoring from the Academic Support and Achievement Center’s Tutorial Services, which include one-on-one and group tutoring in multiple subjects, such as math, writing, languages, science, and business. Students can drop in or make an appointment to see a tutor. Tutorial Services also offers online tutoring in math and science courses.
- Math Tutoring: The Math Activities Resource Center (MARC) and Transfer-MARC (TMARC) offers free tutoring, study spaces, tutorial software, calculator rentals, textbooks, solution manuals, and handouts. The MARC serves students in Math 50 to Math 71, whereas the TMARC serves students in Math 100 or above. Online tutoring is also available.
- The Writing Center: The Writing Center is available to all Mt. SAC students who want in-person help with any of their writing assignments. Trained and qualified tutors will help you with everything from brainstorming writing ideas to improving grammar to properly citing your sources.
- Online Tutoring: Online tutoring is a great option for students who need help after hours or off-campus. You can access online tutoring through your My Mt. SAC Portal. After you log into the portal, click the Student Success tab to find out how to log into online tutoring. You can either join in on live tutorial sessions or submit a specific question to one of our trained online tutors (who will respond within 24 hours).
- WIN Program: The WIN Program is a student athlete tutorial program that offers a variety of academic services. The program is specifically designed to assist student-athletes in maintaining academic eligibility and preparing for transfer to a four-year university.