Administration and Governance
All campus groups — faculty, staff, and students — play a key role in making Mt. San Antonio College the best community college. To help the college succeed and operate efficiently, Mt. SAC has many different administrative and governing offices and entities. To learn more about them, click the links below. You can also view our Organizational Structure here.
- Board of Trustees: Our Board is the ultimate policy-making body of the College.
- President's Office: The President & CEO oversees implementation of Board policies and is responsible for the overall administrative governance of the College.
- Accreditation: Mt. SAC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges.
- Academic Senate: Our Academic Senate is responsible for helping to develop and making recommendations regarding our curriculum, degree requirements, grading policies, program development, faculty development, and more. Members are elected among faculty.
- Associated Students: Mt. SAC's student government body is known as the Associated Students. Its elected officers are the voice of our student population and help foster leadership in our campus community.
- Classified Senate: This group communicates the opinions and needs of our classified employees to the college's Board and administration to ensure they can achieve their professional goals at Mt. SAC. Members are elected among classified staff.
- Divisions: Our administration, human resources, academic instruction, and student services staff help ensure the college runs smoothly day-to-day and are here to help students with whatever they need. These divisions reports to the President's Office.
- Committees: We have several governance, operational, and senate committees, each with their own function. Learn more about our committees here.
- Foundation: The Mt. SAC Foundation is a nonprofit organization that provides the college and its students with resources that enrich our students' experiences. The Foundation supports everything from scholarships to athletics.
- Unions: : The Union Representation works with the college to help ensure the needs of our faculty
and staff are being met.
The Mt. SAC Community College District
Mt. SAC is open to all students, but our local district includes Baldwin Park, City of Industry, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora (southern portion), Irwindale, La Puente, La Verne, Pomona, San Dimas, Walnut, West Covina, Bassett, Charter Oak, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, Valinda.