Vet Tech Program
Work Experience Zoom Orientation
June 5, 2023
Zoom link will be sent to you
Work Experience Programs requires student to attend a zoom orientation on June 5, 2023 from 3:00pm- 4:30pm to obtain required paperwork for the course. Only those students enrolled in the course will receive a zoom invite. Students that fail to attend zoom orientation may be in jeopardy of losing their seat in the class. Work Experience documents will be issued via canvas to only those student enrolled in the course. For questions regarding orientation, please contact Arnita Champion at 909-274-6080 or via email at email@example.com
FALL 2023 RVT APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
If you are still interested in the RVT Program, continue to check our Mt. SAC Vet Tech website for updated Program information and follow the guidelines in "Application Information." Spring 2024 applications are expected to open in mid-November.
Accepted applicants will receive a Zoom Program Orientation invite for Monday, June 5, 2023 at 6 pm. Attendance to this meeting is mandatory as you will receive additional information and paperwork. Failure to attend the meeting, declare your major, and/or submit the required paperwork discussed, will forfeit your spot in the Program.
In order to register for RVT courses (course prefix AGHE), you must:
- Be a Mt SAC student,
- Declare RVT as your major,
- Fill out the online RVT program application,
- Be invited to the mandatory Program Orientation, and
- Complete additional paperwork discussed at the Orientation
Also, if you have not been enrolled in an AGHE class at Mt. SAC for two consecutive major terms (i.e. Fall and Spring), you will need to complete a new RVT Application for admission to the program. Mt. SAC will always maintain records of the classes taken at Mt. SAC.
***Failure to enroll in any Mt. SAC courses for 2 consecutive major terms requires College re-enrollment.
For new or prospective student questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of our Program!
|Learn More About Our Program|
Check out these employers who are hiring!
- Pasadena Humane Society
- Awwdorable Pets -- Vet Tech Pawstomer Advocate
- Awwdorable Pets -- Pawstomer Advocate
- Arrow Animal Hospital
- VetCheck Animal Hospital 12/31/2022
- Stray Cat Alliance
- Hancock Park Veterinary Clinic
- VCA Animal Hospital -- Woodland Hills, CA
- Affordable Animal Hospital Vet Tech -- Tustin, CA
- Affordable Animal Hospital Vet Tech -- Covina, CA
- High Desert Animal Hospital RVT -- Palmdale, CA
- High Desert Animal Hospital Vet Assistant -- Palmdale, CA
- Thrive Pet Care Externship
- Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital - Montclair, CA (Work Externship)
- Long Beach RVT Animal Health Technician
- VCA Glendale
- Alleve Animal Hospital
- Pasadena Humane Wildlife
- Avalon Animal Hospital
- Monterey Park Animal Hospital
- Torrance Animal Hospital
- Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital, Montclair - Veterinary Technician/Assistants & Receptionists
- Pet Vet Care Centers, Chino Hills - Externship/Work Experience - Contact Arnita Champion
Mt. San Antonio College offers an Associate of Science degree in Registered Veterinary Technology. The rigorous curriculum integrates lectures with hands-on labs in our 26,000 square foot agriculture building with animal hospital, and our 150-acre working farm. Students are given many opportunities to work with a wide variety of domestic animals and livestock.
About This Program
At this time, Mt. San Antonio College’s Registered Veterinary Technology Program is experiencing increased demand across all class levels. Due to this impaction and new standards set forth by the AVMA regarding class size and instructor-to-student ratios, be advised that we may not be able to accommodate you in obtaining the classes that you need or want to take. Please keep this in mind when applying to an impacted program.
The program can be completed in two years (including both summer and winter sessions), but most students take longer to complete the program. Coursework transfers to Cal Poly Pomona, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and other 4-year universities. Day and evening classes make our program accommodating to working students.
The Registered Veterinary Technology Program is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA).
Dr. Naomi Barnes
Ms. Maya Padilla, RVT
Dr. Gary Uyeno
M-TH 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM F 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM