1. UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP)
Mt. SAC Honors students who meet minimum UC eligibility, complete 15 units of Honors classes by the end of Spring semester prior to transfer, have at least a 3.2 GPA in those Honors courses, and have a minimum 3.2 UC-transferable cumulative (all colleges attended) GPA, can be TAP-certified. TAP certified students receive priority consideration for transfer in to majors in UCLA’s College of Letters and Sciences (not Engineering, Film, Nursing, or Theater majors), and may opt to be considered for a second major within the College of Letters and Science as long as it is not on the "restricted" list at https://www.admission.ucla.edu/Prospect/Adm_tr/ADM_CCO/tap_alt_mjr.htm . Rates of acceptance are much higher for TAP-certified students. Mt. SAC's TAP students are 2-3 times more likely to be accepted to UCLA compared to other Mt. SAC applicants!
Note that although the requirement to be TAP certified is a 3.2 transferable GPA, we always recommend having a higher GPA. For example, the following majors are highly competitive and will require a grade point average of 3.7 or higher: Biochemistry, Business Economics, Economics, English, Global Studies, History, Life Sciences, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology. You can check how competitive your major has been in the past at UCLA to get an idea of what GPA to aim for.
- Earn a minimum 3.2 cumulative transferable GPA by end of the Fall that you apply (a higher GPA is recommended)
- Complete 15 units of Honors coursework with at least a 3.2 GPA in those courses by Spring prior to transfer
- Meet minimum UC eligibility requirements and UCLA major prep requirements
- Apply to UCLA in November the year prior to fall transfer indicating a TAP appropriate major in the College of Letters and Science. See https://www.admission.ucla.edu/Prospect/Majors/lsmajor.htm for major choices.
- Are NOT majoring in Education and Social Transformation, Engineering, Film, Nursing, or Theater.
- If you desire to be considered for an alternate major under TAP if not admitted under your first choice major, be sure to list an alternate major in the College of Letters and Science but not one of the "restricted" ones indicated at https://www.admission.ucla.edu/Prospect/Adm_tr/ADM_CCO/tap_alt_mjr.htm. Note that you must have all required major prep for your alternate major to be considered for admission to that major if not admitted to your first choice major.
- Immediately sign your UCLA TAP Applicant Form online in late January through Mid-February when alerted via email by Honors staff. Without completing this step, you will not be TAP-certified.
NOTE: Although not required, we highly recommend that you complete at least one Honors class if not more by the end for Fall before your transfer so that you can be most competitive.
More information is available at http://tap.ucla.edu/ or via an Honors counselor.
2. UC Irvine Honors2Honors
Mt. SAC Honors students who complete at least 15 units of Honors coursework with a
cumulative UC-transferable GPA of 3.7 or higher, have met minimum UC eligibility requirements
and have finished their required major preparation are eligible for guaranteed admission to UCI in most majors. Performing arts (dance and music) and nursing majors are excluded from this agreement.
Additional benefits of this agreement include guaranteed admission to the UCI Campuswide Honors Collegium, priority registration, priority consideration for merit based scholarships, and more. See an Honors counselor for more details.
More information on UCLA TAP & UC Irvine Honors2Honors: UCLA TAP_UCI Honors2Honors Info Sheet
3. Other Transfer Opportunities
Through our membership in the Honors Transfer Council of California (HTCC), Honors students may also get transfer opportunities to the many colleges and universities including the ones below. For more information about the options and benefits these institutions provide honors students, check out our HTCC partners.
- Universities of California
- UC Riverside University Honors Program
- California State Universities
- Cal State Fullerton University Honors Program and Business Honors Program
- San Diego State University Weber Honors College
- Private Colleges & Universities
- Azusa Pacific University
- Chapman University
- Concordia University
- La Sierra University Honors Program
- Loyola Marymount University
- Mills College
- Occidental College
- Pitzer College
- Pomona College
- Scripps College
- University of La Verne
- University of San Diego
- University of San Francisco
- Whittier College
- Out of State Colleges and Universities
- Amherst College
- Colorado State University Global Campus
- Connecticut College
- Gonzaga University
- Illinois Institute of Technology and their Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Smith College
- Trinity College
- Tufts University
- University of Arizona
- Wheaton College
- Whitman College