Honors Scholar Certification:
Becoming an Honors Scholar has many advantages including notation on official transcripts and ability to participate in transfer agreements which recognize Honors Certification. To earn Honors Certification, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 15 units of Honors courses with a "C" or better
- Maintain a minimum 3.2 Mt. SAC transferable GPA
- Maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA in all honors coursework
- NOTE: Certification is automatically notated on official transcripts upon completion of the above. No application/petition is required.
Honors Scholars are recognized in the following ways:
- Designation in the Commencement Program booklet (if graduating with an associate degree)
- Invitation to the end-of-the-year Honors Scholars Award Celebration for transferring and graduating Honors Scholars. Honors Scholars attending this celebration receive an Honors medallion.
- Honors Scholar Certificate