Mission & Goals
The mission of the Child Development Department is to educate students in Early Care and Education and to support them in achieving their personal, career and professional goals.
The Child Development Department has established these as their goals:
- Research and establish paths and structures for program-to-program transfer.
- Increase student completion rates in our program's certificates and degree.
- Increase student awareness of the CD permit requirements and the application process.
- Maintain a classroom and teaching environment that supports exemplary programs and services.
- Increase awareness of the CD program to potential students and surrounding communities.
- Continue the integral relationship with the Child Development Department and the Child Development Center & Laboratory School.