How to Apply to the Paramedic Academy
Step 1: Complete the following
- Apply to Mt. SAC online
- Get your student identification number
- Set up a student email account
- Take your placement tests with the Assessment Center
- 2Paramedic Academy Applications
Open April 1 AT 8:00AM
Mt. San Antonio College will begin the application process for Paramedic Academy 92 (FALL 2021) on April 1, 2021. Due to the ongoing campus closure our application process has transitioned to ONLINE ONLY.
Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2021 at 7:00pm. At that time, the application process will close for academy 92, and no further applicants will be considered.
All required documentation must be uploaded with your application, prior to the deadline, or your application will not be complete. We will not grant extensions to the deadline for missing documentation.
ACADEMY SCHEDULE AS FOLLOWS:
- Applications close on April 15, 2020 at 7:00pm
- Applications reviewed by staff. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
- Completed applicants are notified and will schedule their FISDAP Entrance Exam.
- The top 35 applicants with the highest accumulative entrance exam scores (EMT, Math, Reading, Anatomy/physiology) will advance to EMS-1 Pre-requisite course.
- EMS-1 begins SUMMER 2021
- The top 25 students with the highest accumulative scores from EMS-1 will advance to the paramedic academy.
- Paramedic Academy 92 begins didactic August 23, 2021
Paramedic Academy 92 will be taught through synchronous Zoom lectures three days per week with 1 full 8 hour LAB once per week on-campus. You will be required to attend every session.
The following items are required in order to be considered for the program:
- Current BLS/CPR for First Responders card
- Current California EMT card
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Valid CA DMV Ambulance Driver’s License
- EMT Experience letter from your Employer, verifying 1000 hours completed with a percentage breakdown of number of IFT/Transport hours as well as 911 response hours. This letter must be on official letterhead with a “wet” signature
- Military applicants need to provide your DD-214 form.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Official College Transcripts
- Mt. SAC English and Math placement tests results with minimum eligibility for English 68, Math 51, and Read 90. The placement tests may be waived if you have a Bachelor’s Degree from a California UC or Cal State school. Your counselor can provide more information.
- Proof of Mt. SAC College Orientation completion.