Click any of the options below to view the MARCS resources for your current or upcoming
- TutoringThe MARCS is located on the first floor of building 61 and offers drop-in tutoring for all courses in the Math Department. Tutoring is available during all hours that the MARCS are open and you do not need to make an appointment.The Academic Support and Achievement Center (ASAC) offers online tutoring for certain Math courses.ACCESS (Accessibility Resource Center for Students) provides support for students needing additional accommodations.
- Calculator and Textbook Borrowing
TextbooksTextbooks are available for use while in the MARCS. Solution manuals are also available for select courses. Books may not leave the room.
CalculatorsCalculators are available to borrow and may be taken to class. Calculators must be returned to the MARCS the same day they are borrowed. The following calculators are available:
An emulator for the TI 83/84 Graphing Calculator is available to download on your phone or computer:
- TI 30X IIS two-line Scientific Calculators
- TI 84+ Graphing Calculators
- TI 30XS MultiView
- Four-functions Calculators
TI-84 Plus simulator - FREE
Wabbitemu in the Play Store
Directions for how to download: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdNqgXJEnHU
TI-84 Plus simulator – FREE
Go to http://wabbitemu.org/Directions for how to download: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FbN-iSRiCE
TI-83 simulator - $5.99
GrafNCalc83 in the App Store
- Prepare for your Course (Videos, Worksheets and Handouts)
Prepare for your Course:Mt SAC offers Math and English preparation courses through the Adult Basic Education Department. Visit the AIME website to learn more and register.To review independently, the course series below offer videos, practice problems, and other support materials to help you review and prepare for your upcoming course (powered by Khan Academy):
- Algebra Review (prepare for all courses, including Math 100)
- Prepare for Statistics (Math 110)
- Prepare for Precalculus (Math 160)
- Prepare for Calculus (Math 180/181)
Support for your current Course:The MARCS has a variety of handouts with instructions and example problems. Handouts and worksheets on various math topics are freely available in the labs and are also available for download via the following links.The links below contain video series that you may find helpful to support your current course. Note: these videos should not be watched in lieu of your class lectures.
- Online Learning Platforms (ALEKS, My Math Lab)Online Learning Platforms
To use MyMathLab or MyStatLab, you must first get an access code that comes with a textbook or purchase one online.
MYMATHLAB COURSE IDs – SCHOOL CODE: 91789 –
Use these codes only if your instructor has not created a MyMathLab course for your specific class.
Course ID Survey of College Mathematics - Math 100 until 9/30/24
marclab66486 Statistics- Math 110 until 8/25/23
marclab40068 College Algebra - Math 130 until 8/25/23
(Lial 13th ed)
marclab40246 Trigonometry - Math 150 until 8/25/23
(Lial 12th ed)
Class: Calculus Series, Math 180-181-280
- Computer SoftwareComputer Software is available for your math or science course. Software includes Maple, wxMaxima, Statcato, Visual Studio, and more.
- Campus Resources
Student Resources | Mt. SAC OnlineNumerous resources to support students who are studying remotely.
Mountie Student Hub in CanvasThe Mountie Student Hub is a new resource to connect students with the information and Mt. SAC services they need from where they are: in Canvas! In the Hub you will find:
Useful Canvas info for students
What to know about taking online courses at Mt. SAC
Links to many helpful campus services & resources for students
Videos about cool locations and people at Mt. SAC
Connections to Mt. SAC news and social media
Canvas Student Support CenterThe Canvas Student Support Center is a course shell in Canvas that Mt. SAC students can self-enroll into, where they can get support on learning how to use Canvas. In addition to static resources in this shell, Mt. SAC students can also receive support from our Mt. SAC Canvasadors, student employees whose job is to support other students in the use of Canvas at Mt. SAC.