Mt. SAC has an 11 acre production nursery, known as the Horticulture Unit. The Horticulture Unit is mainly student operated, and serves as an outdoor laboratory for horticulture students to apply what they learn in the classroom. Money from plant purchases is used to support our program. We produce landscape plants, including houseplants and other specialty and seasonal plants. We sell our plants at the Horticulture Unit all year. We also have an annual poinsettia sale, salsa plant sale, Mother's Day sale in the campus quad, and plant sales at other events.
The Horticulture Unit is located on the farm, near the north east corner of campus. The Horticulture Unit is open throughout the year for plant sales. We sell to the general public and to wholesalers. The plants are raised by student workers, and are sold to help raise funds to support the Horticulture Unit. Plants may be purchased directly at the Unit, at the farmers market booth on Saturdays, or at any of our featured events. To plan your visit or to check on plant availability contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (909) 274-4893 and leave a message. We accept cash, check, or credit card. (American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa)
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday between 8 am – 12 noon
- Saturdays we have a plant booth at the Mt. SAC Farmers Market from 8 am-1pm in parking
It is on the corner of Grand and Temple, enter via Mt. SAC Way, and look for the burgundy tents.
- Tuesdays, weekends, and major holidays
Saturday Farmers Market:
Horticulture students run a plant booth on Saturdays at the Farmers Market at Mt. SAC. The market is held in parking lot B, at the corner of Grand and Temple, from 8 am to 1 pm. To see the specific location, search for Farmers Market on the Campus Map.
Fruiting trees and shrubs are available in March/April.
- Poinsettia Sale - November/December | Plant Sale Location/Driving Directions
- L.A. Arboretum Fall Sale, Oct. 6-8 2023, Lawn area
- Farm Day - November 4, 2023 | Horticulture Unit, in front of Building F-1
- Salsa Plant Sale (Tomatoes, Peppers, and Herbs) - March-April | Plant Sale Location/Driving Directions
- Fullerton Arboretum Spring Sale
- Mother's Day Plant Sale - May 6-10, 2024, 8:00am-12-noon | Building 6 South East Lawn
The Horticulture Unit is open Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday between 8 am and 12:00 pm. We are
closed on Tuesdays, weekends, and all campus holidays.
Building F2-A (Horticulture Offices are located on the farm)
Horticulture Unit: (909) 274-4893
Horticulture Unit Staff:
- Jesus Ramirez, Horticultural Specialist
- (909) 274-4694
- Irma Arvizu, Production Assistant
- (909) 274-6440